Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: so this means i run horrible, right?

[ QUOTE ]
if you subtract the blue line from the green line, this will show you roughly if you're outplaying people in smaller pots.

you have a graph with the blue line?

i think this means that i play well, run bad, and have a strong distaste for poker right now
graph

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting graph. My original idea was that green line > red & blue lines means you outplay your opponents in non-showdown pots, which has to be true to some extent.

However, there's another factor at work here. What if you're value betting too strongly and folding out callers with your best hands too often? This would yield similar results, including your flat blue & red lines. That, or you're taking too many hands to showdown, so you're not profiting from them overall in this sample, and all your profit is hands people folded to you.

This basically points out why anything but all-ins before the river is not very useful information in PokerEV. All the graphs with a green line in them can be interpreted multiple ways. Even the value of the red and blue lines isn't useful information, only the relationship between the red and blue lines is what this program can give accurate information about.