Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: 25NL VIDEO: 4 TABLES AP

[ QUOTE ]

With the video, I agree with the previous comments made, but I think you have really bad table selection, granted I'm not sure how the games are at AP, but I thought those tables you were at were really bad and not very profitable for you. Keep posting more videos, this is the only way to work on your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i usually have good table selection and i normally dont play 25NL soo i just clicked a few tables i thought would be ok for a vid. AP doesnt get nearly as much traffic as like ftp or PS and i was playin in the middle of the day so obv the tables arent goin to be as good. Plus like i said in the vid some 25NL fish might have moved up to 50NL to get lucky and win the BBJ. Tables did suck and i kept tryin to find better ones maybe ill make a vid durnin primetime or somethin. And not profitable for me?? meh i dunno Id consider myself better than atleast 90% of villians in the vid by maybe that just being over confident. Plus i ended up runnin at like 8ptbb/100 during the vid and i didnt think i was playin my best or runnin good or anything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. lol but this is irrelivent b/c of sample size obv.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:54 PM

Question:

Is it really necesarry to be wasting energy table selecting at 25NL ... I mean if you can't beat any table, shouldn't you be looking for improvement instead of better tables ?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:24 AM

you don't know how often I sit at a table that averages 30+ vpip.. 30 min later it's at 17 or less.. what's the point in continuing to play after it's full of nits.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 AM

what codec do i need to run this video... tried VLC media player, windows, quicktime none of them work, installed some codecs for windows media player and still no video or sound
Old 07-24-2007, 08:54 AM

Gonna watch this later and will post comments then.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 AM

please somebody tell me how to watch this... i have sound on windows media player but no video... what codec do i need??
Old 07-24-2007, 09:09 AM

ask bevil what he encoded it with.. I'd try xvid. vlc should be able to play it though.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You'd rather steal than isolate? Is there any hand where this is the opposite situation.. (like are you always tighter when isolating as opposed to opening)

[/ QUOTE ]

Isolating is what I do at a tight table with good players and one passive fish, but then I might be tempted to play RIO hands with highcard strength ... KTo and such, which I normally shy away from.

I have no idea if the limper in question was such a fish, but you use the word limpers here, so I am ussuming more than one limper.

J7s does not really play that well postflop, I mean what can you hit ???

In a stealing situation it is fine as

1) you take down the blinds
2) you get it HU and can take a shot with a cbet
3) a rare time you will hit a draw and can do some funky [censored] and get psycho aggro

The fact that 1) happens some of the time increases you winrate and makes it ok.

But by isolating with J7s you are more or less relying on taking it away after seing a flop, as villian(s) have already shown interest in their cards.

It is a preference thing, in cardrunners vids and some of the SSNL vid, you will hear the mantra, punish the weak limpers repeated often, so you are not the only one doing this.

But personally I am no great fan of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gelford this is a 25NL game, players dont realize you widen up to isolate a player and take it down in position with a cbet, I think you're missing value here by not raising to isolate and the cbetting to take it down, players are generally weak postflop and will normally fold to resistance without something to play with, and will not bluff raise, or semibluff raise the flop on draw, so at the least we can get to the turn just putting in one bet on the flop. Also since our hand is somewhat connected and sooted theres all kinds of gutshots and backdoors we can rely on in the event that it does get to a turn.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:14 AM

try typing divx codec into google, or type camtasia into google and goto the techsmith homepage and download their codecs
Old 07-24-2007, 09:39 AM

got it working now... will give review later