Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta @ Carolina
Atlanta +5 2 9.52%
Carolina -5 11 52.38%
I really wish ESPN would discuss Vick's scambling ability versus his problems in the pocket one more time. 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: BBV: Help me settle an Issue

if 1800 = 10% then that means you hauled 18k....i think hes def deserving of the full 10%....thanks to him, risk or not, you made a nice score....and apparently he nearly tripled your chip count in 45 minutes, i'm sure that helped you out bigtime when you resumed as well....its your money though so do what you want....if it were me i'd give him the full 10% if not more....
Old 07-23-2007, 02:31 PM

give him a few bucks, like you agreed on [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I pretty much agree with you though, around $1300 seems plenty fair since he didn't put up any of the buy-in.

An alternative is forgiving some of his debt (how much does he owe you)?

To me, it sounds like you're pretty generous to him already. you front him and pay for golf, etc. does he ever do this?

honestly, it sounds like you're giving this guy too much money if you're paying for other stuff and he's in debt to you.

That's just my opinion though and why I don't loan friends money.

Anything you give him is probably fair. 7+%
Old 07-23-2007, 02:36 PM

I used to play with a friend. We both were entered in a 1000 person, 10k freeroll. He asked me via IM, if we were splitting any cashes, I laughed at first, and he said "No, I am serious, lets split any cashes." I bust 150/999 for $0 - we are in constant chat on IM. Through out the rest of tourney we chat, me giving him some hand advice, etc.

By then he is already kind of blowing off my chat about how "we" are gonna be rich. he ends up winning for 2.7k. I tell him I don't want a chip dump, for fear of security - and ask him to get Neteller or send me a money order for "what he thinks is fair". 18 months later I got $0 from him. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Hook the guy up. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he's a friend, i don't nit pick about what he "deserves" and give him 10% for helping me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

its really the opposite. If hes a friend it should of been a favor ship him $100 or something and tell him to stfu
Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 PM

Well first off all you must be thankfull he did'nt [censored] it all up for you, i wouldn't trust my friends playing.

Without him you would of lost a lot of chips by sitting out, now you won a nice prize.

I would give him a 1000$ (minus anything he owns you) your friend must be happy with a 1000$.

It's what i would do
Old 07-23-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to play with a friend. We both were entered in a 1000 person, 10k freeroll. He asked me via IM, if we were splitting any cashes, I laughed at first, and he said "No, I am serious, lets split any cashes." I bust 150/999 for $0 - we are in constant chat on IM. Through out the rest of tourney we chat, me giving him some hand advice, etc.

By then he is already kind of blowing off my chat about how "we" are gonna be rich. he ends up winning for 2.7k. I tell him I don't want a chip dump, for fear of security - and ask him to get Neteller or send me a money order for "what he thinks is fair". 18 months later I got $0 from him. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Hook the guy up. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you should have made the agreement, i would not give you anything either if you laughed and declined.

If you did agree with him he's not a friend
Old 07-23-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if he's a friend, i don't nit pick about what he "deserves" and give him 10% for helping me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

its really the opposite. If hes a friend it should of been a favor ship him $100 or something and tell him to stfu

[/ QUOTE ]

nah. this would have been the case if he didnt already promise the guy 10%. but once you do that, you really should pay up.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM

it is unreal you guys want to give someone $1300 for playing 45 minutes. some people make that a month
Old 07-23-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is unreal you guys want to give someone $1300 for playing 45 minutes. some people make that a month

[/ QUOTE ]

then he shoulda never told his friend hed give him that much. once he does that, backing out is a real scummy thing to do.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM

give him 1k - he should be ecstatic.