Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Is it wrong to listen to Nazi bands?

I made a post about Prussian Blue a while back

Here is the thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9450176

Here is a pretty amazing documentary on the band:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...39898277591286

[ QUOTE ]

For some reason I find young racists to be fascinating. These girls must have had some expert parenting.

These two 14 year old girls started a band "Prussian Blue" that sings about White Supremacy. They first went on tour at the age of 11 singing about the benefits of segregation and white pride.

In an ABC News Article about the girls they said:
"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx. "We want our people to stay white … we don't want to just be, you know, a big muddle. We just want to preserve our race."

A Wikipedia on the band contained the following info:
"The twins said they believe Adolf Hitler was a great man with good ideas, such as eugenic standards and incentives to improve the genetic quality of the German people... In the interview, the twins described the Holocaust as being exaggerated.

They have recently been criticized for stipulating that goods they donated to Hurricane Katrina victims should go only to white people..."

They also have their own website Prussian Blue Website on which you can see fan letters (which are fairly disturbing to read when you realize the age of the writers) and troll around in their forums.

Thoughts...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-19-2007, 08:23 PM

I think Prussian Blue and "the true Nazi bands", then, aren't what we should be talking about here. What's more interesting to look at is bands who use objectionable imagery, whether Nazi / gangster / occult, and whether our judgement of the way in which this imagery is being used should preclude how we aesthetically respond to their music.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:46 PM

Post more lyrics you deem to be good plz.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Post more lyrics you deem to be good plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please quit trolling me.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 PM

As long as you're listening to them for free and they don't receive a dime, and you're not sharing this music with any impressionable people, sure why not.

Btw, Consolidated rocked! Talked to those guys after a few shows, I liked them in thier earlier days before they became so anti-meat. Still, good music and cool folks.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as you're listening to them for free and they don't receive a dime, and you're not sharing this music with any impressionable people, sure why not.

Btw, Consolidated rocked! Talked to those guys after a few shows, I liked them in thier earlier days before they became so anti-meat. Still, good music and cool folks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they had some good songs. The anti-gun one was great. You Suck (with the Yeastie Girls) was funny. But they were SO extreme in their politics - hard hard hard left.

Not the best example but I remember the intro to one of their songs was a woman saying "If a woman wants an abortion, for any reason, that's a good enough reason." Even as a very liberal 16 year old I found myself thinking "Hang on a minute..."
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM

It's not wrong but it makes you seem pretty stupid.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:25 PM

luckyjimm:

sounds like you need some DJ Adolf. These were Hitler speeches set to catchy dance music. My favorite track was Unser Deutsches Volk Seig Heil.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:41 PM

it's not wrong to listen. They're just [censored] faced douchebag [censored]
Old 07-19-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they had some good songs. The anti-gun one was great. You Suck (with the Yeastie Girls) was funny. But they were SO extreme in their politics - hard hard hard left.

Not the best example but I remember the intro to one of their songs was a woman saying "If a woman wants an abortion, for any reason, that's a good enough reason." Even as a very liberal 16 year old I found myself thinking "Hang on a minute..."

[/ QUOTE ]

You count that as very liberal?