FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ever?
No- zip ziclch zero 20 76.92%
$1- $199 2 7.69%
$200-$999 1 3.85%
over $1000 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: What price for friendship: $100 for you or $1000 for a friend?

EDIT: Looking at the graph, 25% of people chose an amount lower than I. Even though your beef is with my underlying philosophy, and not the dollar amount I chose, I just want this on the record.

lol, its hilarious that you think I even give a [censored] about that as it has no bearing on why I think you are a douche

normal people imo, do not think that their friends will suddenly explode because they got 10k w/o working for it.

normal people think: hey, my buddy joe could really use 10k, he will probably pay some credit card debt, put some into savings, and maybe take a vacation, it probably take a load off his shoulders, and keep his wife at bay for awhile.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: Looking at the graph, 25% of people chose an amount lower than I. Even though your beef is with my underlying philosophy, and not the dollar amount I chose, I just want this on the record.

lol, its hilarious that you think I even give a [censored] about that as it has no bearing on why I think you are a douche

normal people imo, do not think that their friends will suddenly explode because they got 10k w/o working for it.

normal people think: hey, my buddy joe could really use 10k, he will probably pay some credit card debt, put some into savings, and maybe take a vacation, it probably take a load off his shoulders, and keep his wife at bay for awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'm no longer going to defend my point because I chose to give the friend 10K, but stop at 20K. I don't know if you are just messing with me, or if you just have sub-par reading comprehension. Also, I want it on record that my close friends went to school with me where we got a 5-year accredited professional degree for $17K, total. If my buddies went to school where it cost 25k per year and I knew they still had sizeable SL debt, then I'd up the amount as well, figuring they'd pay off some debt. But at our age, none of us has close to that much SL debt left.

EDIT: You've posted here for 2 years, and haven't figured out how to properly quote a poster? Another point for bad reading comprehension. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'm no longer going to defend my point because I chose to give the friend 10K, but stop at 20K. I don't know if you are just messing with me, or if you just have sub-par reading comprehension. Also, I want it on record that my close friends went to school with me where we got a 5-year accredited professional degree for $17K, total. If my buddies went to school where it cost 25k per year and I knew they still had sizeable SL debt, then I'd up the amount as well, figuring they'd pay off some debt. But at our age, none of us has close to that much SL debt left.

EDIT: You've posted here for 2 years, and haven't figured out how to properly quote a poster? Another point for bad reading comprehension. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'm no longer going to defend my point because I chose to give the friend 10K, but stop at 20K.

not much difference between 10 and 20k imo. you are a self-riteous douche bag, who has to go ad hominem in hopes that people forget about what a big douche you are. nice try.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:37 AM

None of the above. My best friend is poor, I am doing fine, and if he got a substantial windfall he would share it with me.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:50 AM

so something like 40% of 2p2ers are liars.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:48 PM

It depends which friend. Some of my friends are really rich so I would take the hundo. Others are not so rich so I would decline the hundo.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM

So what did you answer, Mr. High-and-mighty? And what was your reasoning for doing so?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:52 PM

Honestly $100 is nothing to me so I would rather a friend have $1000 for sure, but once we get to certain points, my friend(s) would probably take care of me if they stumbled upon an obnoxious amount of money so it's hard for me to say.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what did you answer, Mr. High-and-mighty? And what was your reasoning for doing so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not acting high and mighty, I didnt answer anything, you are, remember? It really all just depends on which friend it is. Some of them really need it, some dont, some might, it depends.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not acting high and mighty, I didnt answer anything, you are, remember? It really all just depends on which friend it is. Some of them really need it, some dont, some might, it depends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer the question, son.