Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Official Neteller Update Thread Part 2

IRS audits to start.....???
Old 07-18-2007, 12:53 PM

crucial!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:11 PM

So, Neteller says they will detail their "plan" no later than July 30. It doesn't say we will get our money on the date; in fact, they seem to imply just the opposite. I'm not holding my breathe.

One thing I have found consistently funny in this is how people feel that because Neteller is publicly traded, they are somehow "reputable". Anyone here familiar with Enron, Worldcom, etc. You gotta be kidding. Plus, the DOJ just confiscated $160MM, and they have already been suspended from the London AIM. I can't believe that anyone outside the US would still do business with these guys.

I hope the funds eventually get returned, but I'm really not very optomistic.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, Neteller says they will detail their "plan" no later than July 30. It doesn't say we will get our money on the date; in fact, they seem to imply just the opposite. I'm not holding my breathe.

One thing I have found consistently funny in this is how people feel that because Neteller is publicly traded, they are somehow "reputable". Anyone here familiar with Enron, Worldcom, etc. You gotta be kidding. Plus, the DOJ just confiscated $160MM, and they have already been suspended from the London AIM. I can't believe that anyone outside the US would still do business with these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it says that they will "implement" their plan by the 30th. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read this part and just about shit my pants... "As part of the DPA, the Company has also agreed to forfeit US$ 136 million to the United States. This amount includes the approximately US$ 60 million that the USAO has previously seized."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is our money, so obviously we are not getting it. I am sure neteller will say "your funds have been forfeited to the USAO, good luck getting it back from those bastards."

I figure that our moneys were part of the $60 million seized.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

US customers will be able to sign in to their NETELLER account to request the withdrawal of their funds by no later than 30 July 2007.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:46 PM

I find this to be encouraging
Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read this part and just about shit my pants... "As part of the DPA, the Company has also agreed to forfeit US$ 136 million to the United States. This amount includes the approximately US$ 60 million that the USAO has previously seized."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is our money, so obviously we are not getting it. I am sure neteller will say "your funds have been forfeited to the USAO, good luck getting it back from those bastards."

I figure that our moneys were part of the $60 million seized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go post at skyisfalling.com please!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:49 PM

The most interesting aspect of this has been the heavy hand of the USAO / Doj.

Notice when NT pull out of Canada, no funds were frozen, no charges filed. They just made the announcement and the customers withdrew funds and that was that.

Same in Isreal as of today. Turkey some time back.

OUR DoJ / USAO could have done the same, told them to exit this market or else, but NOOOOO, they have to file charges, block funds......Get money. Money they COULD have gotten all along were it properly regulated.

obg
Old 07-18-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly because my government does not behave like the DOJ.

Neteller saves me about 3% in exchange rate costs whenever I want to move money between sites. I don't need a huge balance there but I do want somewhere to hold dollars for a while.

Neteller are paying out to US customers despite the DOJ stealing $136m of their money. Essentially this money comes from the shareholders.

What I find amusing is that people are still bitching about Neteller rather than their government. Who else do you know that if your money was stolen after it had left them to go toyou, whilst someone else had it, would then pay the thieves more just to be able to pay you back?

I know its been painful but when you get your money I hope you remember to say thanks.