Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: HAL LUBARSKY. BLIND MAN TO GO ALL THE WAY

I'm just wondering if he just whispered the hole cards and everthing else was verbal enough for everyone else to hear (action, stack sizes, etc.) or if he whispered that info a no just the hole cards are whispered the rest is so the table can hear what is said
Old 07-13-2007, 12:48 PM

What if he won the event and his assistant pulled off his mask "Mission Impossible" style and it was ZeeJustin?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:57 PM

Just a little taste from one of the many articles about this.....

And the readers do let little details slip through. When Lubarsky's reader told him two young men across the table were doing chip tricks, flipping the disks through their fingers, Lubarsky knew he was dealing with hot shots. Amateurs. Showoffs. He took this into consideration when he played his hand , and beat them both.

Now you can have whatever opinion you want about the value, or lack thereof, of that information. That's not the point. The point is that this second individual IS influencing how the hand is being played by seat #x and that violates the rules.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if he won the event and his assistant pulled off his mask "Mission Impossible" style and it was ZeeJustin?

[/ QUOTE ]

And then Hal also pulls off his mask and he too is ZeeJustin!
Old 07-13-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The point is that this second individual IS influencing how the hand is being played by seat #x and that violates the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did his assistant say "You have two hotshots across from you, play them this way..."?

Or did he just report the facts, like your two functioning eyes do for you?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:01 PM

Ok who wants to pay his assistant $50,000 to tell him the wrong hand so it causes him to bust out.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:05 PM

I'm starting to think Lubarsky may only be sightless while so many others are the ones who are truly 'blind'.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard he has a small group of supporters known as the braille-birds.

[/ QUOTE ]

can't believe this didn't get more love..... NH lol
Old 07-13-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to be able to enter a tourney and have someone concentrate on player reaction while I crunch numbers. Tell ya what. I'll play you heads up with my eyes closed the whole time but I get to have someone whispering to me the whole time following your rules of what is OK and what is not.
Sound good?

[/ QUOTE ]

So u are saying you would play poker better if you were blind and had someone whispering your hole cards to you? Why? Wouldn't you rather be able to see your opponents for yourself and make your own judgments rather than rely on someone else's eyes?

The idea that this is some huge advantage for the blind guy is silly. Bottom line: he cannot play unless someone tells him what cards he has. It is wrong to deny him the chance to play when a simple adjustment ("reasonable accommodation" in ADA terms) can allow him to participate.

And as for the guy who played with his feet... if u lost your arms tomorrow u think you should be banned from poker tournaments because some random opponent thinks feet are "gross"?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would it be possible to play against him stating you are mute so you dont have to speak so he cant pick up on it? MAybe the Humberto thumbs up sign to raise then slide chips in silently.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to do this you can...you do not have to speak.. just put your chips in the pot if you want to raise. You don't have to say a word. Is it probably in your best interest to state your actions, sure, but not required.