Lundy 1 7.69%
Maroney 11 84.62%
Burleson 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: SSNL POKER [cheese] thread JULY PT 2

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] me ive never been hit so hard by the deck in my life. +$650 in 150 hands at 200nl. I feel a bit dirty.

I'm thinking about taking a shot at 400nl with my $8900 BR, maybe I should datamine a bit first.

[/ QUOTE ]

us,

if you dont depend on withdrawing money from your bankroll, by all means take a shot.

give yourself three buy ins for 400NL and see what happens. the 200NL games will still be there if it doesnt work out.

kermit
Old 07-12-2007, 02:03 PM

Delta - I can pretty much garuantee you would make more money if you didn't play OOP as much. You really should be playing the vast majority of your pots in position. You realise even most of the best player in the world lose money from their SB? Mine is 25 aswell fwiw.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd move down if i hit 7600, wasn't planning on taking a massive shot, just hoping i run good for a bit.

How much would you suggest?

[/ QUOTE ]

US, is that your total poker bankroll or have you cashed out a lot? If you've cashed out some $ and have more if you need it, shouldn't be a problem. In fact, just go play a little and see how it goes. You obviously have more than you need at 1/2.

If you're playing 2 or 3 tables, getting solid reads, etc you *shouldn't* lose 5 buy-ins quickly without making some pretty big mistakes

(note that I have done that, but I was playing 6 tables. dumb for shot taking. also, one of them was 3/6. even dumber)

Even if you dropped to $6k, which might be mentally devastating, your poker roll is still alive and kicking for 1/2 no problem.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
delta,

what's your winrate from the SB, if you have a large sample? My vpip from there is like 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

(.07) over 100k hands at 1/2

*i don't know if that's good/bad/average or what. also, at about 65k hands it was (.04)

obv need more hands, etc. but what is considered good/average?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is (.08) after 85k hands.. interesting.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:07 PM

Yeah, I used to be such a bankroll nit, was going to wait until $20k to play 400NL. After having to cash a load out I'm way too impatient to grind 1/2 for all the time so will probably take a shot at about $11k, my living expenses aren't too hefty which is nice.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:08 PM

havent cashed out that much, i have about $2000 if i lose my roll i think.

i never play more then 4 tables anyway, think I'll go for 2 at first. I'm off to play tennis for a bit, i'll datamine and see how i feel when i get back. Probably will take a shot
Old 07-12-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I used to be such a bankroll nit, was going to wait until $20k to play 400NL. After having to cash a load out I'm way too impatient to grind 1/2 for all the time so will probably take a shot at about $11k, my living expenses aren't too hefty which is nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you are already at 400nl? I know you weren't running great, did you have to move back down?

Are you a pro btw?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd move down if i hit 7600, wasn't planning on taking a massive shot, just hoping i run good for a bit.

How much would you suggest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying that and actually doing that are two completely different things. When you are in the middle of a session and down 3 buyins at 400NL, the last thing you are going to do is try to make back that $1,200 in 1/2 NL. You will convince yourself that the table is weak or there is another weak 400NL table and continue to play that stakes.

Don't fool yourself wait till you have 10-12K, where a -5 BI hit will be less of an impact on you.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:13 PM

ive had experience in that joe, it happened to me when i took my 100nl shot, I was planning to move back down if i reached $1900 i think. I was at around $1500/1600 when i went busto on full tilt, I was tilted pretty bad during and after. I think I have the discipline now after that experience. Thanks for the advice though
Old 07-12-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you are already at 400nl? I know you weren't running great, did you have to move back down?

Are you a pro btw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing a mix, but my bankroll is a little too small at the moment to want to play 400NL full-time, the swings [censored] with my head. I was getting in a mood when I 3bet and had to fold to a 4bet! ZOMG ANOTHER $60 DOWN THE SHITTER!!!
Closed Thread