Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Tyson VS Ali in Eaches Prime

No one was better than Mike in his prime. The problem is he has been fighting so long that almost no one remembers him in is prime. He was SO FAST and hit harder than any heavy weight in history. George had no where the same power and speed that Mike had. Ali gave Tyson the nod and I dont think he was being nice. Dude destoryed people to the point it looked like those corny movies where you see the guy flying across the room. No one could hit him. Ive seen him dogging and weaving and have the guy miss 7-8 times in a row without even getting close.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one was better than Mike in his prime. The problem is he has been fighting so long that almost no one remembers him in is prime. He was SO FAST and hit harder than any heavy weight in history. George had no where the same power and speed that Mike had. Ali gave Tyson the nod and I dont think he was being nice. Dude destoryed people to the point it looked like those corny movies where you see the guy flying across the room. No one could hit him. Ive seen him dogging and weaving and have the guy miss 7-8 times in a row without even getting close.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very seriously deluded.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 PM

That guy may actually BE Mike Tyson.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:04 PM

Tyson might not even be the 3rd best heavyweight of the late 80s-90s. I rank Lennox Lewis first and then Holyfield. I feel Lennox never will get the credit he deserved, most of it is due to the fact that he did not fight everybody he should have early in his career. But when it's all said and done his legacy will be strong imo.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one was better than Mike in his prime. The problem is he has been fighting so long that almost no one remembers him in is prime. He was SO FAST and hit harder than any heavy weight in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

More people used to believe this, back in Tyson's day, but not so much the people who watched boxing for more than Mike Tyson. These days, the consensus is overwhelmingly against that, and even in the popular mind, Mike's legend is unraveling fast.

P.S.: Foreman used to split heavy bags regularly with his punches.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who wins and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take all of the greatest heavyweights ever in their respective primes and Tyson never even gets a title shot.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:05 PM

Wow I think that Tyson's post-prime fights have made a lot of you forget what he was like. Maybe some of you are too young as well. Tyson used to MAUL people. I think he beats Lennox and Holyfield easily.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I think that Tyson's post-prime fights have made a lot of you forget what he was like. Maybe some of you are too young as well. Tyson used to MAUL people. I think he beats Lennox and Holyfield easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Holyfield did fight Tyson.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:15 PM

I mean the old school when I was in elementary school Tyson. He didn't fight that guy.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very seriously deluded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wholly agree. Please name one world class fighter Tyson fought during his rise to fame?