Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: A possible sittuation to fold aa pf

besides folding to qualify in satellites, taking the hypothetical to silly extents, if i was in a tournie with AA in the first hand, and 6 people pushed all in in front of me, I would fold. Of course there would be an argument that you would get such a big lead its worth it, and its totally dependant on the size of tournie, level of players, etc, but if theory I could lay down AA there. Say you are against QQ, J10s, 78s, AKs, then you are only a 43% chance to win. If someone else held AA as well you would be splitting if youre lucky.
Again, I know this is extreme, and the pot odds would be massive, but i think there could be a case for folding here, especially if its a big tournie and really poor players
Old 07-14-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hadn't considered the diminished value of the M. How much value would you place on your ability to win HU? Any? I know a lot of players believe heads up to be a crapshoot. Does it weigh in at all in your mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you are both very deep stacked (say 50 big blinds +), the most important factors in HU play are aggression and luck.

The best poker player in the world is less than a 3:2 favorite in a shallow-stack HU situation vs someone who undestands basic HU tourney concepts.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
besides folding to qualify in satellites, taking the hypothetical to silly extents, if i was in a tournie with AA in the first hand, and 6 people pushed all in in front of me, I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i was in a tournie with AA in the first hand, and 6 people pushed all in in front of me, I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
besides folding to qualify in satellites, taking the hypothetical to silly extents, if i was in a tournie with AA in the first hand, and 6 people pushed all in in front of me, I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he doesn't suck. Why risk your tournament on a less than coin flip situation? Sure, he has the higher % over the other 6 "random" hands, but 43% is surely not enough of a % to risk my tournament life on the first hand. Remember, AA is nothing more than a single pair.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he doesn't suck. Why risk your tournament on a less than coin flip situation? Sure, he has the higher % over the other 6 "random" hands, but 43% is surely not enough of a % to risk my tournament life on the first hand. Remember, AA is nothing more than a single pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not BBV, you don't need to make leveling posts. If its not a level, you also suck at poker.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:03 PM

poker pseudo-intellectualism ftw
Old 07-16-2007, 06:27 PM

your chips are short relative to the blinds at this point according to harrington you must go all in. your hand doesnt get any better than this, you have to get your chips in the middle when you have a decent hand here you have the best.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:24 PM

in response to your highly articulate response drzen ( I hope not a real dr) I like to think that I dont suck...

The nature of the question implies a hypothetical situation rather than something you are likely to actually encounter. If you were in a tournie where the level of player was so weak you had such an edge, and the payoff was so big, why would you want to risk a probable loss of the first hand, when by chucking your hand you are making yourself a big favourite? of course the value of the pot is massive, but the value of patient poker would surely be just as great with less risk involved.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck too.