Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Anyone have a good experience meeting a pro at the WSOP?

[ QUOTE ]
I met Chan at the WSOP and he wasnt very nice. Anyone have a good experience meeting one of the pros?

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend was playing the $1K CEO at the Venetian on Friday and I was sweating him. Mark Vos came up to me and put his foot up to my foot but then his friend said they won't do they aren't leather. I didn't know what was going on but asked if he was still in the ME. He took the time to tell me how his day went and went into detail about the hand that crippled him. Turns out he needed leather shoes to get into the club and all he had was flip flops. He went to several tables before finding someone who would sell the shoes off their feet to him. He gave $200 and his flip flips and the guy gave him his white tub socks and shoes. Vos turned the socks inside out and put them on, put on the shoes and was gone. Second time I've interacted with the guy and I think 2+2 has it wrong. Looks like a good natured player.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saw Chris Ferguson on my way out of Voodoo Lounge and wished him good luck in the ME. He looked startled and mumbled thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I saw Ferguson as he was leaving Mix nightclub at Mandalay Bay on Friday night. What is he a total club rat?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is funny because a few years back my boy had a bday party at the Mix in Borgata and Ferguson had a booth there. He took a shot with us and then later on in the night I saw him doing his ballroom dancing in the middle of the dance floor to techno music.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I saw him doing his ballroom dancing in the middle of the dance floor to techno music.

[/ QUOTE ]
For some reason that seems really funny to me.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:00 PM

I'll tell you the reason why it seems funny to you................ it's damn funny. It should be hilarious to anyone with a nose.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:14 PM

everyone's favorite craps degen TJ cloutier came up to my table just as we were about to start the ME..my table was 110 but it was taped on table 223...TJ says excuse me son you are in my seat...the dealer explains this is table 110 now...I stand up and say, what...is this you first time at one of these...he just laughs and walks away....

BTW I saw Ferguson at Pure last year dancing with a girl who couldnt have been over 21...yes it was quite funny to see...
Old 07-11-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was moved to John Esposito's table late on Day 2 of the 2004 ME and he introduced himself to me almost as soon as I sat down. Very nice guy, very genuine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Challenge him to a 100k Hu match
Old 07-11-2007, 02:57 PM

Barry G. is kind of reserved, but seems plenty nice and friendly. I have no problem with pros being short with people who bug them when they are rushed for time during a break or whatever. Their demeanor at the table is what's important.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:38 PM

For some reason I'm not really starstruck by poker pros as everyone else is. However, before Day 1 of the SHOE event, I asked Daniel Negreanu to speak on the phone to one of my friends who IS obsessed with him. He was happy to oblige. This was about 10 minutes before the tourney started, so he wasn't busy yet.

I played nearly 12 hours with Matt Matros in that tournament. He was a pretty down to earth, nice guy though he did roll his eyes a lot when the old guy next to him kept on taking 1 minute for each action.

Also met 2+2er Bonified, though we only briefly played together. He busted out quickly on Day 2. Then he goes and takes 2nd at the Limit Shootout the next day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We passed him and said hi, and the guy absolutely ignored us. It was as if this once bus boy, who had made it as a poker pro (gambler) was now too good to even say hello. Its not like he is the ceo of some big company, or discovered the cure for cancer. He is a gambler.

[/ QUOTE ]

someones feelings got hurt.

Look Chan on all accounts is a world class D-Bag. But in his and other "well known" peoples defense it has to be so [censored] annoying to constantly have strangers coming up to you asking for [censored] or saying something hes heard 10,000,000 times before.

I dont know why people think (not nec OP) that a "well known" person somehow owes you an autogragh or a picture or anything really. They are strangers and should be treated like strangers.

And again Chan is a D-Bag
Old 07-11-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont bother random people i dont know

[/ QUOTE ]