Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Half the table to the flop w AK, flopped ace played weak, this ok?

Consensus then is bet/fold, ck non Q(-d) turn and get it to the felt?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the flop check, but once button puts in that weak bet and gets a call then I'm pushing. At that point there is 960 in the pot. Go get it!

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are you putting these 2 on to shove over them? If you're the button here, are you bluffing into this traffic?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the flop check, but once button puts in that weak bet and gets a call then I'm pushing. At that point there is 960 in the pot. Go get it!

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are you putting these 2 on to shove over them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. A2+, K9+, Q8+, J8+, T9, pairs. Obviously, some hands are more likely than others. But you don't need much FE to make it correct nor do you have to win a showdown tooooo often to make it correct.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:32 PM

I can see both sides to bet/call, bet/fold, or check/call, check/fold is tough but with that many in pot preflop i would expect someone to have 2 pair or made str8 and possibly a royal flush draw. i would like to know what was the ending to this hand
Old 07-11-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. A2+, K9+, Q8+, J8+, T9, pairs. Obviously, some hands are more likely than others. But you don't need much FE to make it correct nor do you have to win a showdown tooooo often to make it correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coincidently, I am behind any hand that calls a 60BB over the top shove.

Maybe on Valentines day... if they call the shove, we have gift wrapped 70BB's and put a big bow on top with a card saying "I'm Yours". [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 10:49 PM

I really appreciate the advice I received here, it was an odd spot with the pot so big this early, that many hands to this particular flop, and that deep stacked. I like the bet flop, but I really hate it if button calls, I am drawing to 3 Q's that make me feel good in a big pot oop.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:34 AM

I repeat my earlier question - which is (imho) a very important one here: which hand (which has OP already beaten) would you slowplay on this scary flop against five opponents?

I said in my earlier post - shove. What meant that I came over the top of BUīs raise. Remember that everybody (!) checked this flop - only the last-to-act made a smallish (not to say weak) bet.

Would you seriously consider anyone having two-pair here and check it - giving five opponents a gift-wrapped freecard to their straight-/flush-draw?

Iīm surely not the one to shove every TPTK-situation and I already had laydown TP a significant amount of times. But here I canīt see any reason for this ... comments on this special point of view are welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 06:41 AM

i dont hateeee it, but id rather a c/c or b/f

actually the more i think about it the more i like c/c which is weird because usually that line sucks as the OR.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I repeat my earlier question - which is (imho) a very important one here: which hand (which has OP already beaten) would you slowplay on this scary flop against five opponents?

I said in my earlier post - shove. What meant that I came over the top of BUīs raise. Remember that everybody (!) checked this flop - only the last-to-act made a smallish (not to say weak) bet.

Would you seriously consider anyone having two-pair here and check it - giving five opponents a gift-wrapped freecard to their straight-/flush-draw?

Iīm surely not the one to shove every TPTK-situation and I already had laydown TP a significant amount of times. But here I canīt see any reason for this ... comments on this special point of view are welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reasons I canīt edit my post anymore. What I wanted to add was, that c/f is maybe really better than b/c. What still does not mean that c/f is a good play in my eyes - I think it is -EV as well, maybe not --EV like b/c, but I consider b/f to be best.

So maybe in this order: b/f > c/r > c/f > b/c
Old 07-12-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Coincidently, I am behind any hand that calls a 60BB over the top shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh? why are talking about number of big blinds? Its postflop. Its this simple. After you check, someone bets a small 200 bet into a 560 pot and gets a call. This puts 960 in the pot when gets to you. That pot already increases your stack 60% from the start of the hand. You ARE getting called by 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s, KT, KJ, AQ, QJ, QT, and Q9 all the time. Even JT is only sooo bad with the pot size. Sometimes you will just take it down without a showdown.