Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 06:43 AM

Default Re: 2007 tour de france

prediction for saturday: i read in my paper this morning that kloden cant even stand up on the pedals, so he should be out today. other than that, i dont think anything big for GC will happen
Old 07-14-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to watch every morning on OLN. Get up, watch lance, go back to sleep.

I couldn't care less now. It died a quick death in the USA without lance and with all the doping.

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing more than a lame 99er.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:00 PM

kloden and vino seemed comfortable today staying with the main group until the finish. Tomorrow will be a true test for all the big favorites i'd recommend watching tomorrows stage
Old 07-14-2007, 02:32 PM

im pretty amazed how downhill the popularity seems to be going. i for one still love it and with a fair few aussies in the mix its awesome to watch.

i havn't been this excited staying up late watching a live sporting event in years.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:39 PM

actually the cycling insiders have commented the sport has seemingly the cleanest its been in years. However, usually public opinion reacts slower to actual progress.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually the cycling insiders have commented the sport has seemingly the cleanest its been in years. However, usually public opinion reacts slower to actual progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only way would believe doping/roids have lessened is if times and speeds were worse.

still, i dont really care if they cheat from an entertainment standpoint.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:46 PM

great stage today.. rasmussen immense
Old 07-15-2007, 01:46 PM

yea great final climb. Valverde and contador looked real strong along with moreau. Vino was suffering bad and he's gonna be forced to attack, being further down on GC than expected, next stage or in the pyrenees which should make it fun to watch.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:58 PM

Rasmussen is the most insane climber ever, so fast and steady. It's interesting this year with the field busted up he actually has a chance, if he can stay strong in the Pyrenees too he can put some big time gaps in and not get caught in the TT.

Mayo looked good but he has a history of big days and then cracking; you have to suspect he'll crack at some point after putting in so much effort today. Contador really looked like he wasn't struggling at all. It's kind of suspicious that Popo went with Contador and nobody really stayed with Levi; I wonder if Johan is hedging his bets and maybe seeing if Levi isn't so strong then they'll see what Contador can do.

[ QUOTE ]

the only way would believe doping/roids have lessened is if times and speeds were worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW doping doesn't really affect the one-day performances that much in road cycling; the huge effect is on recovery. Guys like Virenque never could have attacked day after day without help. Perhaps this year we'll see more guys crack really bad after big efforts.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea great final climb. Valverde and contador looked real strong along with moreau. Vino was suffering bad and he's gonna be forced to attack, being further down on GC than expected, next stage or in the pyrenees which should make it fun to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kloden looked great too. I wonder if it is a mistake for him to wait on Vino, considering he was the highest placed of ALL the GC contenders. He pulled vino, Menchov, Levi, Sastre, and Evens for a long time, then went back and pulled vino the rest of the way. I really think he would have been in the top 3 today if not for putting so much effort into pulling everyone else up the mountain. What a team to have a talent like Kloden not even be the captain of the team. He has probably been the most consistent top tour rider of the last 5 years. And to do all that pulling today with a fractured tail bone. Wow.