Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Hand From 200 Shot, To Double Barrel Or Not MUAHAHA

[ QUOTE ]

I am quite sure that re-raising here occasionally and folding often pre-flop is higher EV than always calling preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall its close, ev of small pairs oop isn't going to be very high in any case.

Vs tougher opponents though frequently getting into these spots with very little showdown value and very little semibluffing opportunities sucks. They just aren't shutting down very often.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Hand From 200 Shot, To Double Barrel Or Not MUAHAHA

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am quite sure that re-raising here occasionally and folding often pre-flop is higher EV than always calling preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall its close, ev of small pairs oop isn't going to be very high in any case.

Vs tougher opponents though frequently getting into these spots with very little showdown value and very little semibluffing opportunities sucks. They just aren't shutting down very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but 75% of the 24/17 types are "set-mining" here, or calling with hands like 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to "flop big", and vs. those people, this is hugely +EV. Doing it all the time is very bad, though.

Vs. opponents like that, I suggest that it is otmial to stop calling with PPs, and muck them 80% of the time. Same with hands like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or J:diamind:9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] that so many people love to call with out of the blinds.

Instead, muck them 80% of the time, and re-raise them 20% of the time (vs. button raisers, we're not talking about when UTG raises and it folds to you).

I am sure that this is higher EV than calling all the time unless you are a post-flop wizard.