Default Re: Another First Date Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Too late. enjoy the friend zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your shot was at her house watching a movie, which I am convinced is code for "let's make out on the couch as the credits roll". If you read her as disinterested, then it's over romantically. Next target, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I always take it to mean "Let's make out by the time the opening credits are done rolling" Unless we've already had sex several times and are actually sorta seeing each other.

I'm impatient, though.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:02 PM

I'd say you're not 100% dead in the water here, but a movie theater to me is a horrible place to take a girl on a first date. You really have no interaction whatsoever.

The move I've been pulling recently that works out really well is taking a girl to a Tapas restaurant for a first date. It really gives you a chance to talk while not having too many awkward moments as food is constantly arriving. Also, a great chance to share some food and some wine.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:16 PM

Bob, "always busy" is a bigger tell than opening up an Oreo. OP has no shot at all. He should keep hanging out w/her, tho (providing she pays her own way most of the time), as it's always good for other girls who might be interested to see you with a girl instead of a bunch of other swell guys.

Also, awesome posts from everyone on how awful movies are for deal-not-yet-sealed dating.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob, "always busy" is a bigger tell than opening up an Oreo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know we're on a poker forum and all, but this is one of the lamest things I've read in OOT in a long time.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:12 PM

and as I said before, a woman I eventually married was pretty damn busy over and over when I was first trying to go out with her.

and "not interested" isn't a big deal if you are funny/smart enough to make her interested.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and as I said before, a woman I eventually married was pretty damn busy over and over when I was first trying to go out with her.

and "not interested" isn't a big deal if you are funny/smart enough to make her interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

details? cause I'm sure it was nothing like the OP - I bet it was more like you knew her in a setting where you saw her a lot, you asked her out, it didn't happen for a while, she got to know you/get more attracted to you, and then you went out. The OP doesn't have that luxury.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Some Answers

To answer some of your questions, (I hope) I will elaborate some more. First of all the time we hit it off was at one of my buddies parties. Same old talk where its hows school going, I haven't seen you in awhile, etc. Then she takes my cell phone out of my hands and puts her number in it without asking(later on she told me that she gives basically no one her number...don't know what to take of that). We were close the rest of the night, holding hands etc. But later I found out that she would of done more but didn't want to seem slutty around her friends. We started talking some more and found out that she has had a crush on me since 2nd semester in college (Jan.ish) and was afraid to talk to me. I was kind of in the same boat and told her that. Everything is going well and she asks me to come to her house to watch a movie, which btw I tried avoiding and asked her if we can just hang out during the day tommorow and she says ok and ends up avoiding that and again asking for me to just come to her house and watch a movie. So I oblige and thats the date where it was very awkward, which I knew would happen.

She texted me back within a few minutes after I left and she said "I guess you don't like me as much as you thought." I took this is as a she wanted to make out and get close kind of thing but wanted me to do the approach part. So we talk for the next week or so and she always says how shes so busy with work then when she gets home shes always so tired or she just wants to hang out with friends. She could tell that I was pissed and she called me real late one night and I just wanted the truth from her, that is If I really had a chance and she was still interested. She insisted she was and said that she was just kind of afraid to get hurt again after breaking off a long relationship. I understood and said you wont be dissapointed and I will do my best not to hurt you in the same way. I just said ok then well whenever you are free and want to hang out just let me know. Which is why she was the one (probably) to ask me to take her out one night next week. My feelings are: She is still just as nervous as I am and the movie at her house made things 100% worse. She now feels bad about pushing things off and she realizes she still has interest and wants to see how things develop.

I hope this solves some things and if you want to know anything else just ask.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Some Answers

Arrrgh.
Dude, just go out with her and make some kind of a move already.

You like her. She likes you.
How is this even possible to screw up?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Some Answers

Not very likely from what I've read that OP is 21, so there goes the dinner/drinks thing.

It is also possible that he is a gimmick account of iron81.