Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Talking about play while not in the hand...How would you handle this?

to OP, after the genius yelled "He's got the nuts."

you say, "he's right; i flopped trips."
or whatever the nuts would've been on the flop.
( assuming the flush didn't hit 'til later. )
Old 07-11-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Talking about play while not in the hand...How would you handle this?

[ QUOTE ]
I would of said dude are you retarded, need me to hit you over the head w/ a tackhammer?

[/ QUOTE ]

That just took me back to my floorcovering days. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

b
Old 07-11-2007, 03:44 AM

What do you guys think about more borderline comments during a hand, like when someone will say "God this guy bets/raises/bluffs all the time!!" or something like that? It probably influences the action, and is definitely poor etiquette, but it isn't specifically about the hand in progress? I've had a few issues with people directly commenting on hands, and I usually politely ask them not to talk in my action but in spots like this....
Old 07-11-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Talking about play while not in the hand...How would you handle th

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think about more borderline comments during a hand, like when someone will say "God this guy bets/raises/bluffs all the time!!" or something like that? It probably influences the action, and is definitely poor etiquette, but it isn't specifically about the hand in progress? I've had a few issues with people directly commenting on hands, and I usually politely ask them not to talk in my action but in spots like this....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its wrong and [censored] annoying. But the reality is its probably here to stay.

Ex. I made a big bluff at a pot on the river in a 1/2 NL game. The other guy is thinking, and the old guy next to me keeps repeating "Big Pot... Thats a pretty big pot" then looking slyly over the guy thinking about making the call.

He obviously just wanted to see my hand and wanted the guy to call. I don't know if that actually counts as breaking rules, but people that should do it should get the good old KITN (or KITV).
Old 07-11-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Talking about play while not in the hand...How would you handle th

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its wrong and [censored] annoying. But the reality is its probably here to stay.

Ex. I made a big bluff at a pot on the river in a 1/2 NL game. The other guy is thinking, and the old guy next to me keeps repeating "Big Pot... Thats a pretty big pot" then looking slyly over the guy thinking about making the call.

He obviously just wanted to see my hand and wanted the guy to call. I don't know if that actually counts as breaking rules, but people that should do it should get the good old KITN (or KITV).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Very annoying, but there really isn't much recourse. I could make a huge deal about it and be a douchebag, but that isn't really in my best interest.