Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Unlikely extremely painful accidents that make you afraid

I had a terrible dream a few weeks ago where I got my throat slit, and that has stuck with me for some reason, so that would be my choice.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:49 AM

When I'm at the supermarket, I always think what would happen if I tripped at a supermarket and had one of those metal rods that hold stuff on the wall go straight into my eye socket.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:13 AM

Stepping on a nail and having it go through your foot.

Some kids in my neighboorhood were playing around in a house that was being built in our neighborhood back in middle school and just messing around and hanging out when we decided to play tag in the house. About 30 seconds into the game my sister starts saying that she needs help and is sitting on the ground with blood soaking through her foot and calmly tells me and a friend that she has a nail in here foot. She had stepped on a 2x4 and had a big ass industrial nail going through her tennis shoe and almost the whole way through her foot. Being 12 years old or so we decided to pull it out ourselves and then walk home. I'm pretty sure she was in shock because she was perfectly calm until after we had walked home and told my mom that she needed it bandaged.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this one is probably gonna sound weird yet familiar to some people.

I play a lot of golf, almost always with carts, and I'm usually the driver/scorekeeper. And the newer courses in my area have built cart paths with curbs around the greens and teeboxes.

Anyway, I used to drive around with my left foot hanging outside and below the cart, but then some close calls ensued. I mean, it's really easy to lose focus and get your foot/ankle pinned between the curb and cart and cause amputation or permanent nerve damage. Or so I think. I'm more careful these days, even though I've never heard of this happening to anyone I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad broke his ankle doing this. I made him finish the round of golf because I thought he was lying to avoid getting his ass kicked by me. Turns out he wasn't.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:41 AM

Whenever I'm driving, or in the passenger seat of the car, I always put my hand out the window, and I'm always afraid some car is going to sideswipe us and crush my arm/hand. I don't know, that doesn't seem too far fetched to me.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, this one is probably gonna sound weird yet familiar to some people.

I play a lot of golf, almost always with carts, and I'm usually the driver/scorekeeper. And the newer courses in my area have built cart paths with curbs around the greens and teeboxes.

Anyway, I used to drive around with my left foot hanging outside and below the cart, but then some close calls ensued. I mean, it's really easy to lose focus and get your foot/ankle pinned between the curb and cart and cause amputation or permanent nerve damage. Or so I think. I'm more careful these days, even though I've never heard of this happening to anyone I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad broke his ankle doing this. I made him finish the round of golf because I thought he was lying to avoid getting his ass kicked by me. Turns out he wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to own some cappuccino carts in the convention center down here. One of my perks was a golf cart to deliver supplies. I used to constantly drive with my foot out of the cart, dragging on the asphault. One day, while dragging it, I tipped one of the grates and my foot flew up and under the cart. Yes, I managed to run over my own foot while driving. Hell of a sprained ankle, couldn't walk for days. One of my dumber moments.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:04 AM

When I'm on an airplane and I always try to keep myself buckled up as much as possible because every time I'm not buckled up I remember the horror stories about the plane on the sea of Japan or something where there was an air bump and all the people smashed to the the roof of the plane and broke their necks.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This one is pretty unlikely to happen to me, but apparently it has happened at least a few times including a couple days ago.

"The suction had caused a two-inch tear in her rectum and had basically disemboweled her by pulling out her small intestines, almost all of it," said Taylor.

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_185085504.html

You sit on the swimming pool drain, and it disembowels you by pumping your lower intestine down the drain. Apparently she can't eat EVER AGAIN, and must get nourishment through an IV, also has to use a colostomy bag [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

If this happened to me I would kill myself after very little consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have four small children and a pool, and take them to the country club pool often, and this one scares the bejeesus out of me.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:35 AM

Anything involving something inside of my eye.

Pretty much every time I see a needle, I imagine it going into my eye, and at arbitrary times throughout the day I'll just picture various other things going through my eye--frequently things that wouldn't even come close to fitting in my eye like the metal beams that you see at construction sites (dunno the name).

What's weird (and maybe I shouldn't post this on a forum for fear of being committed) is that it's a combination of fear and desire. Like I see a syringe and I think "holy [censored], it would really suck if that went in my eye", but I also think, "Man, sticking this in my eye would somehow add meaning to my life." Not that I'd ever actually do this, but the fact that I consider it every time I see a needle really weirds me out.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:02 AM

I'm pretty terrified of drowning, at least partially because my parents took me to see Gray Lady Down when I was 9 years old and it scared the holy bejeezus out of me. I should probably watch it again and see if that helps.

I don't know if drowning is painful or not, and I'm a good swimmer, and I am not George Clooney or Marky Mark, but it still makes me very afraid.