Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: user \"Nate.\" being permabanned

[ QUOTE ]
I think it should be also a little reward for the mods to read the books and, if nothing more, offer opinions on the quality of the advice, etc. Im sure the STT book will be great, but have have been that much better if say durron or cit got their hands on it and offered a few suggestions

[/ QUOTE ]

things like making sure a card is the correct suit so the entire discussion of the hand makes sense would not require back-and-forth

i'd also like to recommend adanthar for possible book review (if he's up for it), his review of HoH2 was very insightful and thorough
Old 07-02-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, one time he made multiple posts complaining that I had used bad grammer in one, specific response, when my response in question simply contained a typo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Then definitely he should be perma-banned; that type of behavior has never been seen here on 2+2 and absolutely shouldn't be tolerated under any circumstances. Allowing such would lead to our ultimate demise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said he should be permabanned. I simply was pointing out my personal experience with his sometimes high nit factor, and his tendency with me to act like a whiny bitch when he was put on the defensive or thwarted in his efforts.

Of course, Nate is not alone on these boards in this regard.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:06 PM

while it isn't apparent in that specific thread, in terms of overall content provided by Nate. i feel as if 2p2(specifically the limit forums) benefited by his participation.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

TT -- I see what you're saying, and it's true that I didn't know an Admin had made the decision and not a mod... but I think citanul's point (and one echoed by Andy and Jurollo) is that regardless of who made the decision, the punishment seemed excessive. Therefore it warranted a bit more of a discussion on why it was levied as strong as it was, and whether or not the other mods agreed with it. In other words, even if I had known it wasn't a mod decision, I'd still have made this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

PJ - I originally didn't plan the long explanation, that was directed at one individual who didn't get the groovy meaning behind the word dig. Sorry you had to read that, I liked my first post much better - it was basic and didn't take sides [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Its constructive criticism! He is stating a fact, the grammar in 2+2 books isn't up to snuff. He is a great poster in the MTT forums. Just because a fact doesn't jive with 2+2 inc doesn't mean that the poster who posted the fact should be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Since this is the mod forum, and we are all chums here....

I think Nate is right that more attention could be taken to grammatical errors. Even if he was harsh in his criticisms that is absolutely no reason to ban someone. It's MM/DS's site so they can do whatever they want, obviously, but I think this is a bad ban.

Nate cares very much about twoplustwo from his posting history and some of his comments are very constructive. His revision of

[ QUOTE ]
While live play generates 30 to 40 hands per hour at a full table if things go smoothly -- sometimes as little as 25 hands per hour when they do not, Internet play yields 55 to 60 hands per hour, even more at short-handed tables -- and because the poker rooms make more money from short-handed tables and many players enjoy the additional speed and nuances of a shorthanded game, they are becoming the rule rather than the exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

to this

[ QUOTE ]
"At a live table you see 25 to 40 hands per hour, but on the Internet you get 60 hands per table per hour, and even more if the game is shorthanded. Shorthanded tables are beginning to dominate online play; players enjoy the speed and challenge, and sites collect rake faster."

[/ QUOTE ]

Is quite good.

His comment that you "don't care" about the grammar is out of line, definitely, but ban-worthy? I really don't think so. As far as I can see he has had no problems ever on this site in 3 years and is a valued poster.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 AM

looks like Mat resolved it

[ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna lock this thread. Nate will be reinstated shortly and it is because of all the support he has received here.

I believe he's good for the site. And even though Mason banned him, this decision is being left to me. I believe it's all beeen a big misunderstanding. Nate and I have had some private correspondence, so this thread has served its purpose.

Keep in mind that Mason did not delete the thread and that he is allowing me to overturn his ban.
What really rubbed Mason the wrong way was the accusation that he did not care. He was pissed and he does care. So perhaps he reacted emotionally. Again I see this as proof that he cares. If people want to debate the quality of writing in the books, that is fine. Just want to make all that clear.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-03-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim,

I was thinking of volunteering in that very capacity, but wasn't sure how it would be received.

As someone with a degree in creative writing who also has experience with the freelance world, I would gladly read through anything this company is putting together at no cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

how would you proofread it? are you going to vegas to do so?

if i had an unpublished title, i would not be sending e-books to near strangers.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:58 PM

GM,

I got people.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GM,

I got people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they were blue uniforms and get chased by dogs?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GM,

I got people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they were blue uniforms and get chased by dogs?

[/ QUOTE ]