Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2007, 03:35 PM

Default 1500 WSOP battle of the big stacks

Trying to remember a semi interesting hand from yesterdays play but none were all that tough of a decision.

The villian just came to the table he had a lot of chips about 100k at the time he was a younger guy 28-32 balding with an earing. I make a few jokes about he can't play with all chips max buyin joke just to make him think I am a live fish etc. He makes a comment to others about no strategy at the table so I know he's prob decent but I have position on him.

Anyways his first hand he's dealt hes CO and opens for 4500 at 8/16/200 level and steals the blinds. Next hand he opens same 4500, I am on the button with AQo and make it 12k( this was a semi misclick live I meant to raise 12k more not 12k total). Folds back to him he tanks for a good minute before calling. I had about 90k going into the hand he had me covered. We were easily top 5 of the 300 people remaining at the time.

Flop Qc 9c 6s I don't have Ac, he leads for 11k I call,

Turn 8x He takes a full 3 minutes before checking how much should I bet and can/should I fold after making a turn bet with like half my stack out there.