Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: black chicks?
YES 18 35.29%
NO 11 21.57%
BASTARD! 22 43.14%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: \"Come One Come All!!\" It\'s time for King Of The Kiddie Pool!!!!!

Yamo be there, up and over.

Defending Champeen. I'll bounty my own head... anyone who can knock me out in ME gets FIVE AMERICAN DOLLARS from me!

My generosity sickens even myself.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:26 PM

Since I'm a nice guy, here are the rules for the games we're playing:

HORSE page from Stars (click on the appropriate game)
Old 07-02-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I plan to be shown some nice moves by you boys in razz. Only played what hands I've seen in HORSE, but I should outlast those who have no clue in this game.

Even if you've never played Razz kids, get in on the fun of KOTKP and play this event. Small price for some experience.

Note: I run sickly hot in razz though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only RAZZ I've played also is in HORSE tournaments, but I sort of enjoy it. Though it does get a little frustrating in HORSE, I tend to get good starting Stud hands when playing Razz and then when the game switches to the Stud games, then I start getting Razz starting hands.

Doc

P.S. I know it is selective memory working here. I know because I'm reading my third poker psychology book in a row right now. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I plan to be shown some nice moves by you boys in razz. Only played what hands I've seen in HORSE, but I should outlast those who have no clue in this game.

Even if you've never played Razz kids, get in on the fun of KOTKP and play this event. Small price for some experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only RAZZ I've played also is in HORSE tournaments, but I sort of enjoy it. Though it does get a little frustrating in HORSE, I tend to get good starting Stud hands when playing Razz and then when the game switches to the Stud games, then I start getting Razz starting hands.

Doc

P.S. I know it is selective memory working here. I know because I'm reading my third poker psychology book in a row right now. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. It's a pretty simple game at the base, far simpler than hold em at the face. Figuring out what opening hands to play seems pretty easy. It can be a torture chamber though when you start w/ A23 and catch nothing, but paint the rest of the way.

Naturally there are a few more subtle plays that can be made , but it's very easy to learn.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. It's a pretty simple game at the base, far simpler than hold em at the face. Figuring out what opening hands to play seems pretty easy. It can be a torture chamber though when you start w/ A23 and catch nothing, but paint the rest of the way.

Naturally there are a few more subtle plays that can be made , but it's very easy to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few little nuances that I've started to pick up besides good starting hands. Like watching and trying to remember (the hard part for an old guy like me) what little cards are showing in other people's hands that get folded.

Small cards same as in my hand = good. Less chance of pairing later.

Small cards that I need for my hand = bad. Less chance of getting those cards that I need.

I think it is one of those games that looks simple but, if you play against someone who really knows what they are doing, you can get pwnd. And that someone "ain't" me! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm going into all of this for the fun of it. I have no great expectations.

Doc
Old 07-02-2007, 04:03 PM

I was trying not to mention any so as to not educate the newbs, but yeah everyone should play just based on how good the chat will be.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:29 PM

I hope there is more of a response as the time gets closer.

Doc
Old 07-02-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Bounty

[ QUOTE ]
I plan on taking all the mobnies.. well of the tourneys I enter anyways...

[/ QUOTE ]

no sir

Old 07-02-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Bounty

That sir...is great work!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yamo be there, up and over.

Defending Champeen. I'll bounty my own head... anyone who can knock me out in ME gets FIVE AMERICAN DOLLARS from me!

My generosity sickens even myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will match this for your elimination and make it 10 if the elimination occurs before I am eliminated.

Also with all this smack being talked about Razz. I will pay your buy-in (5.50) to the person who gets lucky enough to knock me out of the Razz event.