Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Party poker closed my account. Can I sue if decision is not reversed?

Why didn't you just have your friend give you the cash instead?

Your story doesn't add up, as I said, it doesn'r surprise me they locked your account. Poker sites are not a transfer site where you can shift large sums of money around and then withdraw theym
Old 07-04-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Party poker closed my account. Can I sue if decision is not reversed?

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you just have your friend give you the cash instead?

Your story doesn't add up, as I said, it doesn'r surprise me they locked your account. Poker sites are not a transfer site where you can shift large sums of money around and then withdraw theym

[/ QUOTE ]

He explained this - friend lives thousand of miles away, back in the old country.

So, money from thousands of miles ago gets transferred / deposited into account (not sure which?), and is then withdrawn almost straight away. Yup, I'd say OP deserved to have his account frozen for that. Looks like standard credit card theft, even if - he says - it isn't.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:37 AM

yes. it LOOKS like that. however, i produced cc scans, passport scan, signed a document for them AND gave them a 2 day old bank statement issued in the country where the credit card was issued.
And explained the situation to them over the phone (from my country).
Old 07-05-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Party poker closed my account. Can I sue if decision is not revers

[ QUOTE ]
fromm, if you actually intended to help, my bad.

It's hard to imagine a post like yours is intended to help when you tell me that I shouldn't use IM speech on a bank form.

FWIW (for what it's worth, for the pedants out there) I don't think I have many, if any for that matter, grammar mistakes in my posts. maybe txt/IM speech, but I learned english at the age of 6 (i'm not a native speaker, per se) and pride myself in speaking it as correctly as possible.

Maybe it's my fault for over-estimating the intelligence of people nowadays (or under-estimating their stupidity) but for someone to actually, seriously tell another person they should not use IM on a bank form the latter must be nothing short of retarded.
I don't consider myself retarded, hence the tongue lashing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Darth -
I really did try to help.

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with your self-assessment of your own grammar. To my eye, your posts in this thread are nothing but one long anti-grammatical travesty - with IM-speak and random capitalization mixed in. That's why I gave you the advice that I did.

It's just one man's opinion. Feel free to disregard it.