Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: FIFA U-20 World Cup

Yeah, sure they were playing cheap but the amount of complaining the announcers (on CBC) did and the blame they gave it was ridiculous. Canada got embarrassed in that game.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:32 AM

The Canada/Chile game was the first soccer game I've ever watched from opening faceoff to final whistle.

It will also be the last. What a disgusting display of "sport". Reinforces my opinion that soccer is by far the worst
"popular" sport in the world.

I put soccer on a level with WWE. Probably lower, at least WWE admits its fakeness.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Canada/Chile game was the first soccer game I've ever watched from opening faceoff to final whistle.

It will also be the last. What a disgusting display of "sport". Reinforces my opinion that soccer is by far the worst

I put soccer on a level with WWE. Probably lower, at least WWE admits its fakeness.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one cares if you like it or not. Stop trollin' this thread . . .

Go find some ice and do some curlin' . . .
Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like watching France play Bosnia to decide if you like American football.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 AM

FIFA TV:

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/livecoverage.html

FIFA.com TV is available in the following countries
Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, FYR Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.

Schedule:

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/calendar.html
Old 07-03-2007, 10:58 AM

[censored], of course its not available in the US. Who the hell has ESPNU?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was right there that I knew this was going to be a retarded post
Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This really pissed me off as well, I tried finding some live streams but did not have any luck. If anyone finds a way to watch it without ESPNU in the US let me know because I'd really like to catch the Portugal vs Mexico game on Thursday.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i do. the usa korea game was rad.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:53 PM

I attended 3 games this weekend in Toronto.

The Canada Chile game was terrible to watch. Canada played the worst game of soccer I have ever seen. I think they completely collapsed under pressure. When their players has time, they rushed and gave the ball away. When they had a man on, they panicked and held the ball until the defender took it away. Then they got mad and fouled over and over again. Way to go, Canada.

Yesterday I watched Portugal pummel New Zealand. NZ was fun to watch - they played hard and didn't whine and go through the usual theatrics. It was refreshing. Portugal is typical Portugal: Brilliant footwork...brilliant footwork...brilliant footwork...finish misses the net by 8 yards. A team with 4 defenders and 6 wingers is fun to watch but ultimately ineffective.

I also saw Mexico play Gambia. In the first half Gambia came out flying and the Mexicans looked shell shocked. I think they expected to steamroll Gambia, but the Africans were lobbing into space and making runs and cranking out long shots on net and generally creating mayhem. It was extremely effective, too, with two spectacular saves from the Mexican keeper required to go into the half level at 0-0. In the second half, class prevailed as Mexico netted three including a moment of individual brilliance from Giovanni dos Santos (perhaps the best player in the tournament).

I'm heading back on Thursday for NZ-Gambia and a potential thriller in Mexico-Portugal.