Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Paris Hilton

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"There was along OOT Thread about this awhile ago.
She is much more smart/talented than the average person believes.
Alobar made a very good post where he basically said people like to think if they were Paris Hilton they could be as successful as her and her success is merely a matter of circumstance. These people are lying to themselves because they can't come to grips with the fact that they aren't that special. "

Well, someone said it so it must be true.

The lack of any supporting evidence in that argument makes it as ridiculous as the claim itself.

Who is actually benefiting from her publicity? It seems to me that its everyone but her and her family. Do people really think "hmm, lets stay at the Hilton instead of the Marriott, that Paris girl is famous!"

The restaurants, the networks, the awards shows, etc. are the ones cashing in on her fame. Its not like she is getting movie deals left and right. What would you all say her biggest income flow is from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fact: people pay her 5 figures just to be at their parties. how is that for supporting evidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

that is evidence for the stupidity of those paying her

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think anyone says that PT Barnum is stupid though?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PP,

Excellent post.

"How deliberate do you think she and her people are in successfully branding her? "

Very, very deliberate. I'll write a longer post on this topic later.

In the meantime, check out this article on Steve Jobs and the iPhone. A lot of parallels between that and Paris Hilton.

http://blogs.business2.com/apple/200...s-one-the.html

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading the article with your post in mind, it's quite funny how right you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

not refuting negative reviews and purposely leaving out abilities to send instant messages in order to keep the media arguing about your product is fregin genius. especially when you know the battery lasts 8 hours and you can easily get it to do instant messaging
Old 06-28-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, someone said it so it must be true.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's an argument, which I agreed with. I never said it was categorically true. This comment makes no sense.
[ QUOTE ]

The lack of any supporting evidence in that argument makes it as ridiculous as the claim itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you like me to create a massive study, which can prove what the average person is thinking in regards to Paris Hilton so I can prove my argument on an internet forum? Why is the claim so ridiculous?

[ QUOTE ]
Who is actually benefiting from her publicity? It seems to me that its everyone but her and her family. Do people really think "hmm, lets stay at the Hilton instead of the Marriott, that Paris girl is famous!"

The restaurants, the networks, the awards shows, etc. are the ones cashing in on her fame. Its not like she is getting movie deals left and right. What would you all say her biggest income flow is from?

[/ QUOTE ]
The fact you don't realize she isn't representing the Hilton hotels, but is representing herself as a model, actress and musician is where your giant flaw is.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:21 AM

"The fact you don't realize she isn't representing the Hilton hotels, but is representing herself as a model, actress and musician is where your giant flaw is. "

This is precisely why I asked the question I did. I had no idea she had a perfume or clothing line, which is exactly the sort of thing her type of fame does well to support. My post probably came off as harsh, but yours seemed like a simple restating of the main subject with no explanation of why there was agreement. We could all make "is smart!" "is not!" posts with no reasoning behind each one, but then, well, it would be OOT.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:48 AM

i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] paris
Old 06-29-2007, 10:53 AM

I think pretty much everything related to Paris Hilton is deliberate. From jail time, to sex tape, to "accidentally" releasing every cell phone # of her celebrity friends, to "accidentally" forgetting to pay a rental storage unit bill and having a bunch of pictures found of you naked and doing coke, to getting out of a car with no panties on and flashing your hoohah.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think pretty much everything related to Paris Hilton is deliberate. From jail time, to sex tape, to "accidentally" releasing every cell phone # of her celebrity friends, to "accidentally" forgetting to pay a rental storage unit bill and having a bunch of pictures found of you naked and doing coke, to getting out of a car with no panties on and flashing your hoohah.

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of planning is beyond her faculties.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of planning is beyond her faculties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does she not have a publicist?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:17 PM

None of it is planned (she really is objectively stupid), but given that she has no career other than being a celebrity, there is no such thing as bad publicity. It's not like she can be suspended from the NFL, or lose a job. She appeals to the lowest common denominator, so nothing can be bad - short of killing people/animals. BJ on video - great! Getting drunk - great! Jail time - great!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:38 PM

The proliferation of Paris has a lot to do with the multitude of media channels.

With newspapers, magazines, TV, gossip rags, blogs, you tube etc etc. media properties need content for all these channels. All the Paris coverage and other crap shows are a product of that need. In turn, people pay her for appearances because she can capture attention. Co-branding is a very powerful tool, and people have been paying a lot of money for it for a long time.

If she is smart or dumb, is basically not relevant.

She is present because people watch. If they stopped watching/reading, she would go away.