Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Am I the only non-smoker who thinks \"smoking bans\" are a bunch of BS?

How are some of them even constitutional?

I work in a PA State Rep's office so there's a lot of talk recently about the smoking ban. I ran some stats on responses we've received on our website today and found that 68 % of the people who responded to our internet survey (which was a very small sample size) favor the ban.

However, an alarming number of people not only favor the ban but favor the ban in PRIVATE clubs.

What bothers me the most about this ban is that it tells business owners who own or lease their own property as well as their own business what they can and cannot do in their own place of business.

If you don't wanna inhale cig smoke then don't go to a smoking restaurant.

I am by no means a law expert, but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the constitutionality of this law?

I've never smoked a cigarette in my life and this bill still really gets to me. I am an avid cigar smoker but cigar smoking is banned by most businesses anyways.

I spoke to iron81 before I made this post and he said he does not recall a smoking ban being discussed recently.

Here is a link to an article about the proposed ban: http://www.eveningsun.com/ci_6149016?source=most_viewed