Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: me vs dealer at wynn

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, first off, this was highly inappropriate of the dealer, but I can think of any number of mildly valid excuses to at least make it not so shocking.

However... most people, when they relate stories, put themselves in a good light. It's not that they intentionally bias, it's just that they see things in a way that put them as the Good Guy. Reading your post, there are all sorts of flags that you could possibly have some douche-like tendencies. So if I apply the idea of the filter, I wonder what other interpretations of the same little details would offer.

I'm not defending the dealer, because even an overflowing douche shouldn't get his cards mucked when he's arriving to the table and posting the BB and the action isn't anywhere near him, but I'm just sayin'... maybe you rub people differently than you perceive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think any-douche like tendencies are a result of having to put up with douchey-dealers who hide behind "protect your hand," bc they are too retarted to follow the action. I to am completely respectul and nice to dealers, but there are always a few (can usually tell right away) that think they know everything and try to use that as a power trip. Occassionally, they [censored] up and pick good players who have a brain to try this [censored] on. I am done putting up with that crap and I can see how OP would see through this charade immediately.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Typical from the LV player - take no responsibility for your own hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

???
Old 06-23-2007, 01:53 PM

Dealer made a mistake IMO and doesn't want to admit it. It doesn't matter who you are, what you are like, or if the dealer likes you or not. He is a professional and should act like one.

Contrast this story with one that happened to me recently at Commerce 9/18 LHE. I post but don't have my chips yet. When it is my turn to act, I reflexively toss my cards because I don't see my post and yes I am stupid. The dealer mucks the cards because that is what she does reflexively. And then we all realize its a free hand for me. At this point the dealer apologizes to me. Not once. Several times. And I assure her she did nothing wrong, I mucked my own hand by mistake and I say so. After the hand she apologizes to me one last time. I tell her not to worry (and yes I would have won the hand).

BTW, great spot for the chloroform.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really doubt that it was anything other than a natural reaction. I don't like the dealers response here, it seems like it was the dealers fault and the dealer ought to be apologizing(of course its hard to apologize if OP immediately starts calling dealer an idiot)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, except the end part - its a service industry, and the honest and integrity of the game have to overrule personal emotions. The dealers mistake was being stubborn, and refusing to take the blame for what was likely a simple mistake.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so this week i come into room and get listed for the 30 game. they are running a 15/30 must move so i decide to sit and wait. i buy a rack and as i approach seat i notice its about to be my BB. dealer asks if i want it and i say yeah and grab 3 chips out my rack and place em. so i carry this messenger type bag that carries my ipod, notebook, chloroform and gum etc...anyways as the dealer starts dealing my hand i notice he deals my first card in front of my three chips (i am in like 5 seat) which i despise anyways but im like whatever and grab my ipod from bag and proceed to sit down. i then hang my bag on the chair (for some reason looking away from table for a moment..perhaps saying hi to regular) and sit down only to see i dont have any cards anymore (i didnt see him muck them or i would have stopped him). (only UTG had acted to this point) im like "dude where are my cards" hes like "you need to protect them, i mucked them". i say "are you an idiot? why would you muck my hand after one person has acted?" hes like "protect your hand rule #1" im like "i understand, why act like an idiot and not just push my cards behind my 3 chips" he says "protect your hand sir, its your fault". im like "well action goes from left to right, why would you even reach for my cards?" "protect your hand sir"

so i call the floor because well they love me there and i was about to break this guys face. plus the doucheclump next to me with aviators on is saying i am wrong. the floor doesnt really issue a 'ruling' but instead go to the cage and grab 3 chips for me and continue the hand. must be some petty cash thing.

anyways i am telling beau this last night (awesome dealer) and hes like well he didn't break any rules, but yeah whoever the dealer was acted in a very awful manner.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to make sure I get this. You sit down to play, post your big blind, get dealt in, and do not watch your cards........is that correct??????

The dealer wants to move the game along, WHICH IS HIS REAL JOB, you are not paying attention, and he is supposed to hold up the game for you????

Sounds to me like you were not ready to play when it was your turn, you cards were just laying there, and the dealer killed them.

I bet you began to start paying attention after that, didn't you?

"Anyways as the dealer starts dealing my hand i notice he deals my first card in front of my three chips"

This is the best - in other words, you are too lazy to PULL THE CARD BEHIND THE BLIND YOURSELF TO PROTECT YOUR OWN HAND!!!!!!

Seems to me you got what you deserved, and you better protect your hand when you play cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even read the OP before you went on your rant? OP isn't angry because the dealer didn't hold up the game for him. OP is angry because dealer mucked his hand before action was even on him. I'm sure the OP would be less angry about the situation if action was on him and he had his hand mucked for not being at his seat. But action wasn't even close to being on him.

Basically, dealer asks if he wants to post, deals him the cards and then pretty much mucks them immediately, even if OP's supposed to be last to act and the first person had barely acted.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so this week i come into room and get listed for the 30 game. they are running a 15/30 must move so i decide to sit and wait. i buy a rack and as i approach seat i notice its about to be my BB. dealer asks if i want it and i say yeah and grab 3 chips out my rack and place em. so i carry this messenger type bag that carries my ipod, notebook, chloroform and gum etc...anyways as the dealer starts dealing my hand i notice he deals my first card in front of my three chips (i am in like 5 seat) which i despise anyways but im like whatever and grab my ipod from bag and proceed to sit down. i then hang my bag on the chair (for some reason looking away from table for a moment..perhaps saying hi to regular) and sit down only to see i dont have any cards anymore (i didnt see him muck them or i would have stopped him). (only UTG had acted to this point) im like "dude where are my cards" hes like "you need to protect them, i mucked them". i say "are you an idiot? why would you muck my hand after one person has acted?" hes like "protect your hand rule #1" im like "i understand, why act like an idiot and not just push my cards behind my 3 chips" he says "protect your hand sir, its your fault". im like "well action goes from left to right, why would you even reach for my cards?" "protect your hand sir"

so i call the floor because well they love me there and i was about to break this guys face. plus the doucheclump next to me with aviators on is saying i am wrong. the floor doesnt really issue a 'ruling' but instead go to the cage and grab 3 chips for me and continue the hand. must be some petty cash thing.

anyways i am telling beau this last night (awesome dealer) and hes like well he didn't break any rules, but yeah whoever the dealer was acted in a very awful manner.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to make sure I get this. You sit down to play, post your big blind, get dealt in, and do not watch your cards........is that correct??????

The dealer wants to move the game along, WHICH IS HIS REAL JOB, you are not paying attention, and he is supposed to hold up the game for you????

Sounds to me like you were not ready to play when it was your turn, you cards were just laying there, and the dealer killed them.

I bet you began to start paying attention after that, didn't you?

"Anyways as the dealer starts dealing my hand i notice he deals my first card in front of my three chips"

This is the best - in other words, you are too lazy to PULL THE CARD BEHIND THE BLIND YOURSELF TO PROTECT YOUR OWN HAND!!!!!!

Seems to me you got what you deserved, and you better protect your hand when you play cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a moron.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:02 PM

Dealers do/should have an extra responsobility of protecting the BB.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, great spot for the chloroform.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just curious, was the OP kidding when he metioned Chloroform? What possible use could you have for it?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:42 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

The only possible thing that should have allowed dealer to muck OP's cards is if someone else mucked their cards into OP's. OP should have protected his cards against that.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only possible thing that should have allowed dealer to muck OP's cards is if someone else mucked their cards into OP's. OP should have protected his cards against that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the dealer had dealt the cards where he is supposed to, there is no problem. How does a professional dealer put the cards for Seat 5 in front of the player's BB chips?