Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: 88 deeeep bottom set wtf!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the biggest parts of villains range are AJ/99

i think he can also show up with QT , A9, and huge combo draws occasionally.(although he might just call the turn with draws this deep.)

Anyways, i shoved(which i think i should have called turn and called river), villain had 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone saying this is a fold is flat out wrong. If we had been playing nitty ABC poker, than yes maybe an argument can be made, but we had been battling for quite some time and were playing big pots with very marginal holdings. There was one pot where we got in on the turn with draws and I won a 400BB pot with A high, so because of the dynamic/flow of the match, folding a set here is pretty much out of the question, even this deep. I think the biggest mistake OP made here was shoving the turn so quickly. I guess it was one of those heat of the moment ZOMG I have a set things, but I think calling here is best, since you are behind usually when I call the shove here. Also, our history is not limited to this session, and OP and I have a history of playing big pots with light holdings, which is the most important factor here IMO. This hand is basically just a cooler, and the only way to not go broke is calling turn and hoping a scary card comes on the river so that I have to check back the river.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:24 PM

Also, I'd like to point out that I puked a little bit when he shoved over my turn raise, and calling off an extra 300BBs could be considered spewy against a lot of opponents. I guess it's hard to not be results oriented here, but would anyone fold 999 here to OP's shove? I think 88 is basically the only thing I beat here besides a big draw or an overplayed AJ.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
play for stacks

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious, is the buy in to these tables 300 or 600?
Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 PM