Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: NBA draft discussion thread

BUT YOU WANT YI!! VERY BADLY!

I was also thinking about shipping Delonte along with that. He fits the Nellie mold as well. Or Tony Allen. I just remembered Tony Allen plays for the Celtics.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:50 PM

Bah, we have a star PG and a decent backup. Just whip out your NBA Live 2002 and trade players 7-12 for Shaq while you're at it. The Nelly mold is nice and all, but it helps if the players actually have useful complimentary skills - see SJax's point-guarding and driving fiascos of the playoffs. Is Yi really the messiah?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:06 PM

SC,
[ QUOTE ]
- Corey Brewer is just sick. At first I thought he looked like a d-bag, but his play won me over. I wanted to root against him but I couldn't. He ripped the heart out of a lot of teams. One thing I keep wondering about though is why nobody questions his bulk, when everyone questions Durant's. If anyone looks like they could be snapped in two by an NBA player, it's Brewer. I actually think he'll be a great NBA player, maybe even an all-star someday; just seems odd that nobody has brought this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree despite being a UCLA fan. He is so good and I really think he should be a top 5 pick this year. (lol?) I actually think he's fairly well-built, more so than Durant. I really shouldn't base the fact that Brewer was only physical against college players, but he was always matched up against the best perimeter players on the opposing team, i.e. Afflalo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. HOWEVER,

[ QUOTE ]
- Noah is a great team player. Maybe he's annoying, funny looking, whatever. As GKA mentioned, he does the little things and doesn't seem to care a bit about his own stats. Also he shoots free throws like a 7-year-old, but he can work on that. I think I'd be happy to get him as a Celtics fan... definitely happier than rolling the dice on an unknown like Yi.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nononono. Noah is not going to be a good pro because from what I saw the past two years he's just a poor man's Ben Wallace. I could see him bulk up and be more competitive but he can't handle the normal big men if he stays at this size. But maybe I'm just biased because he's a [censored] douchebag.

Clark,
[ QUOTE ]
I really want the Bulls to just take whoever they think is the best player available. Forcing it by taking the best PF available is silly. They will need to make a trade in the next year or two anyways, so depth at any position really can't hurt them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Totally agree. And lol at the Hawks comment.

I think we need to get out of the lottery discussion and talk more about the latter picks even though it's like a total crapshoot. Anyone have any sleeper picks that they'd like to share about? For some reason I really like Marcus Williams' game from UA and I think he'll be a huge steal for anyone that draft him in the 2nd round
Old 06-19-2007, 02:20 PM

With what we know now, where would you take the following players in this year's draft...

1. Tyrus Thomas
2. Gerald Green
3. Adam Morrison
4. Andris Biedrins
5. LaMarcus Aldridge
Old 06-19-2007, 02:24 PM

GKA - You seem like a pretty knowledgeable hoops guy. Why on earth would you ever pick Joakim Noah in the first round? The guy is an OK defender and an OK rebounder but his offensive skills are horrible. Seriously. He can't shoot long range or mid-range. His low post moves seem OK but not against NBA competition. His Free throw shooting also sucks.

I know nothing about hoops.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GKA - You seem like a pretty knowledgeable hoops guy. Why on earth would you ever pick Joakim Noah in the first round? The guy is an OK defender and an OK rebounder but his offensive skills are horrible. Seriously. He can't shoot long range or mid-range. His low post moves seem OK but not against NBA competition. His Free throw shooting also sucks.

I know nothing about hoops.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more about his ability to play and pass from the high post down to Big Al, make putback finishes, weakside shotblocking, and he has the quickness to guard the pick and roll (which the Celtics got BRUTALIZED on last year)

His limitations are obvious, but a good coach (Doc, LOL) can hide them decently.

About the FT shooting...66.5 percent is not bad for a big man AT ALL.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 PM

I'd actually take that deal I think. But you need to match contracts. You can have Scalabrine and Telfair.

Back to the draft:

I'm perplexed by who the Bobcats should go after.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think he's fairly well-built, more so than Durant.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's 6'8" 185. I was surprised to read that.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With what we know now, where would you take the following players in this year's draft...

1. Tyrus Thomas
2. Gerald Green
3. Adam Morrison
4. Andris Biedrins
5. LaMarcus Aldridge

[/ QUOTE ]

Thomas, Biedrins and Aldridge would IMO all go after Durant, but prior to whoever goes #3.

Green would likely go in the 6-10 range.

Morrison somewhere between #18-#30
Old 06-19-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Tyrus Thomas
2. Gerald Green
3. Adam Morrison
4. Andris Biedrins
5. LaMarcus Aldridge

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take LaMarcus > TT > Biedrins > GG > Crybaby. As to where they go, hm.

I think LaMarcus goes top 5 regardless. He will be the third best guy in this year's draft without a doubt. There could be a debate about who I'd rather take in Durant and Aldridge but when it comes down to potential I'd take Durant with a slight hesitation.

Tyrus Thomas will remain lottery and probably ahead of Horford. He showed so much of what he can do towards the end of the season and in the beginning of the playoff that I didn't see in college.

I'd take Biedrins over Noah right now.

GG would probably be late first round

I'd send Crybaby to the DL because he sucks balls.