Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Poor Lavar

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uhhh are people really wondering why people drive motorcycles? OMG THEY R TEH DANGERUZ!

The reasons are potentially myriad:

Cheaper
Funner
Quicker (at acceleration)
Cheaper
Get you more P***y (sometimes)
Cheaper
Funner

I mean seriously. Stop this motorcycles r bad nonsense. If some idiot chooses to not wear a helmet, natural selection would kick in in some other manner eventually anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

if being exponentially more dangerous/deadly to use for transportation that cars isn't bad, what is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I didn't say things that are more dangerous than other things aren't worse. I listed reasons why people choose to legally transport themselves on bikes. A bunch of people had asked why people ride bikes. If it wasn't obvious, I was trying to point out reasons.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
these numbers would go down if everyone wore a helmet. but they don't. and it would still be far more dangerous than driving.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm definitely by no means anti-motorcycle as some people on here seem to be (yeah we get it, it's more dangerous than a car), I can't understand one thing. I live in Kansas where I can now be pulled over for not wearing my seatbelt, but I'm allowed to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. I don't have a motorcycle, (have rode my buddies on occasion always with a helmet, and always at low speeds [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and I always wear my seatbelt, but this makes absolutely zero sense to me. Why is not wearing a seatbelt against the law, and not wearing a helmet isn't?
Old 06-19-2007, 09:43 AM

Most people that drive motorcycles, especially sportbike kinds, are complete idiots. Obviously it's more dangerous when you're on the road without a cage around you, but if you are experienced, mature, and always cautious of everyone around you then you can ride pretty safe. I'm not sure how it is in other states, but here in PA you only need to pass a written test to get your permit, which gives you a year to ride before you have to take a riding test, so I imagine alot of injuries occur in that kind of period. I think it should be tougher to get the permit/license
Old 06-19-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people that drive motorcycles, especially sportbike kinds, are complete idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

This + your avatar = awesome