Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: For Americans: Does it embarrass you that George Bush is Presiden

I think Bush has committed some huge mistakes and has a legacy problem. Embarrassed by him? No.

I am still embarrassed by Bill Clinton.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:52 PM

The only thing that has embarrassed me about USA politics is the Burr-Hamilton duel.

Edit: That and some politicians (i think senators) beating on each other with canes or something to that effect- dont really remember the incidents name.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:55 PM

That dates back to the pre-Civil War days when a South Carolina senator attacked a damn Yankee with his cane.

Soon thereafter, SC seceded.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know that USA's President is seen as more important than the UK's Prime Minister because you don't have a Royal family. you know.. he is your only leader and real representative to the rest of the world....

so this brings blind loyalty imo. and perhaps it is seen an unacceptable among the people you mix with to criticise Bush...

[/ QUOTE ]
The US President is more important than the UK PM because the US is more important to the world economically and militarily, not because we don't have a royal family. As far as blind loyalty goes, I can only laugh at that. You do realize how distrustful most Americans are of our elected officials right? Only the most staunch of supporters are ever blindly loyal to our President.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:06 PM

In a lot of ways, yes. GWB is by far the most corrupt, villanous, subversive and abusive trainwreck of a human being to serve in the highest office in the land. His administration's policies seem determined to strip the pretense of public service from the position and grant it instead the mantle of kingship.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:33 PM

I'm not so much embarrassed as scared. Who is really behind him? He's obv not smart enough to have done it himself.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: For Americans: Does it embarrass you that George Bush is President?

[ QUOTE ]
or are you proud? Apathetic? What?

[/ QUOTE ]

DB, by asking this question, is it safe to assume that you think we should be?

Can you list some of the reasons why you believe we should be "embarassed?"
Old 06-17-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The simple answer is - No.

And it has nothing to do with who is President. I would never say to anyone from another country "Oh, I'm sooo embarrassed that XXX is our President." I just don't believe in bashing our President to a bunch of people that aren't citizen's of this country. I'll deal with my own politics thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, everyone else on the planet has to deal with US poitics whether they like it or not and have no say in the matter.

During the last election, everyone and his dog outside The US had an opinion on the US election. There were polls run in lots of countries to get an international opinion.

American citizens came out spitting on TV to tell the world "stay outta our politics - it's none of your business"

But American politcs affects everyone on the planet, and people who vote for George Bush and his "family values" and other "War on Terror" nonesense are making that choice on behalf of the rest of the planet.

When The US changes its foreign policies and keeps out of other people's business then maybe other people will keep out of American politics.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: For Americans: Does it embarrass you that George Bush is President?

It is more embarrassing to be replying to this loaded question of a thread or posting in the Lounge for that matter.

I voted for Bush twice and if he runs again I will vote for him again. Karl Rove is genius enough perhaps to pull off a third try at president for Bush. I certainly hope so. A pox on the wimps and crybabies that kowtow to whatever fashionable apologizing is placed before or forced down their throats by the Mushroom Heads in the Media, Academic Poltroons, Political Pundits, Presidential Hopefuls, and Sycophantic Wannabes.

Never apologize (see P.G. Wodehouse)

-Zeno
Old 06-17-2007, 11:13 PM

I'm embarrassed to share a country with this guy ^^^^
Closed Thread