Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Fashions you love/hate

I get a bit of a JAP vibe when they're with jeans. Crossed with a bit of Peggy Bundy.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone ragging on flipflops - post a pic of a pair of casual shoes you wear and think look good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand and accept flip flops with shorts, but just really don't like the jeans and flip flops look. I can count the number of guys I have seen that it looks good on in one hands. As for casual shoes, I really like these with jeans:

With shorts, I usually cycle between Lacostes (basic, solid white), Adidas, and a pair of old school Vans that I've had for years.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:18 PM

In the tropics, everyone wears flip flops with jeans and nobody thinks they look bad. They're about the most natural combination possible, outside of short pants or swimming trunks.

Also, those shoes above don't fit my taste, nothing personal.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the tropics, everyone wears flip flops with jeans and nobody thinks they look bad. They're about the most natural combination possible, outside of short pants or swimming trunks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't live in the tropics. I live in Portland, Oregon, and when a guy wears jeans and flip flops in 55 degree weather, and I have to see his pasty white, ugly ass feet, I think it looks horrible. No [censored] they look good in the tropics, flip flops (traditionally) defined a laid back, purposefully degenerate life style (e.g., Jimmy Buffett).

I'm not even going to touch whether it's appropriate to wear flip flops to work. Unless you work in a job where such a choice is OBVIOUSLY ok, any discussion shouldn't exist at all.

Also, your taste apparently includes flip flops and jeans, so if those shoes don't fit your taste, trust me, I WON'T take it personal [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me the honest truth. What do you guys think of these with jeans? Good look or just awful?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really like country music? For some reason, I picture this with jeans, and picture a country bar/country girl. That's these shoes specifically, the heels-with-jeans thing, I don't really mind, but it's not my favorite.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't live in the tropics. I live in Portland, Oregon, and when a guy wears jeans and flip flops in 55 degree weather, and I have to see his pasty white, ugly ass feet, I think it looks horrible. No [censored] they look good in the tropics, flip flops (traditionally) defined a laid back, purposefully degenerate life style (e.g., Jimmy Buffett).

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh, well, writing off the 50th state and all of Asia seems pretty heavy-handed.

Also, I'm not surprised you don't groove on guy's feet. Me either. And it doesn't matter if they're pasty white or not. What can I say, I'm not a fan. Then again, I don't expect them to thrill me, so I don't take it too hard at all. I don't think I'd get many comments on it from a guy who didn't want to stick his tongue in my mouth.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even going to touch whether it's appropriate to wear flip flops to work. Unless you work in a job where such a choice is OBVIOUSLY ok, any discussion shouldn't exist at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree there. Unless you work at a hot dog stand or something.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, your taste apparently includes flip flops and jeans, so if those shoes don't fit your taste, trust me, I WON'T take it personal [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good. The problem with disagreeing with people is they so often take it personally and things don't even have time to degenerate -- they immediately go right into "Well what about YOU" or "Oh yeah?" and the like. People can get so defensive and then lash out because of it that it can make it impossible just to say almost anything, unless you want to deal with a bizarre dumptruck of grief unloaded on you full force.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tell me the honest truth. What do you guys think of these with jeans? Good look or just awful?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really like country music? For some reason, I picture this with jeans, and picture a country bar/country girl. That's these shoes specifically, the heels-with-jeans thing, I don't really mind, but it's not my favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

The color seems to make them a natural with jeans, to me. I think I'm the only guy left who doesn't have a foot fetish and want to rub his junk on chick feet, but these shoes actually seem "cute."
Old 06-17-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good. The problem with disagreeing with people is they so often take it personally and things don't even have time to degenerate -- they immediately go right into "Well what about YOU" or "Oh yeah?" and the like. People can get so defensive and then lash out because of it that it can make it impossible just to say almost anything, unless you want to deal with a bizarre dumptruck of grief unloaded on you full force.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny how easy it is to take things personally on the internet, which is extremely NOT personal. BTW, I would love to be a degenerate who wore flip flops in the tropics, but if that were there the case, I also don't know why the hell I'd ever want to wear jeans!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:30 AM

Heh, it's an entirely different code. Sometimes shorts aren't appropriate, but that doesn't mean flip flops aren't. And there's no association of flipflops with degen whatsoever.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I was sort of thinking the same thing. I do like country music. After I posted that pic I thought wow, those look kinda trashy and country singerish. Then again there's something about them that inspires me. I think I just have horrible taste.