Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Can Now Divulge That Stock and Who Recommended It

Evan,

As a general rule, people are taught not to place any value in tips received. Alone this is a bad rule, and David is pointing out one instance where having a read, might give you reason to actually listen.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

As a general rule, people are taught not to place any value in tips received. Alone this is a bad rule, and David is pointing out one instance where having a read, might give you reason to actually listen.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're a fool if you'd take a tip from someone after they hesitated and turned around but not if they just told you outright.

Regardless, acting like this thread is any more than an exercise in David slobbing his own knob is just silly.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:42 PM

I didn't think it needed to be mentioned. The read of the situation, particularly, the turn around and seeming relunctance to tell you, either means its so good he doesn't want many people knowing about it and decided you were worthy last second, or he has inside information. Either way, it's a total layup buy.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:54 PM

I disagree that this thread has no value, but it's just probably not to someone like you whom this idea would be super obvious too. If I heard this person say this, I would buy this stock, but I assume I would be in the huge minority.

I take back the catch-all don't understand the markets comment. That definitely wasn't directed at you, just a knee-jerk from me liking the thread and everyone else hating it.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree that this thread has no value, but it's just probably not to someone like you whom this idea would be super obvious too. If I heard this person say this, I would buy this stock, but I assume I would be in the huge minority.

I take back the catch-all don't understand the markets comment. That definitely wasn't directed at you, just a knee-jerk from me liking the thread and everyone else hating it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, maybe I just don't see it. I guess we'll agree to disagree.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Neither one of you are mentioning the hesitation and the turning around. If he had just said "I like SAPE" it wouldn't have been nearly as strong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay: People that hesitate before telling you something are worth listening to. Lesson learned.

Seriously, I feel like this whole thread is some kind of big joke on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just hesitate. Hesitate and turn around. I'll let others elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-14-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evan,

[/ QUOTE ]
You're a fool if you'd take a tip from someone after they hesitated and turned around but not if they just told you outright.

Regardless, acting like this thread is any more than an exercise in David slobbing his own knob is just silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather give thoughtful consideration to the wisdom of experience, than be the fool who immaturely didn't think there was anything to be learned from David and his finance related threads.

There is alot of experience in this forum, and Evan, it would be good for you to talk less and listen more, based on the almost total lack of practical knowledge displayed by your posts here.

Evan, in this forum, your arrogance is going to cost people money!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Neither one of you are mentioning the hesitation and the turning around. If he had just said "I like SAPE" it wouldn't have been nearly as strong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay: People that hesitate before telling you something are worth listening to. Lesson learned.

Seriously, I feel like this whole thread is some kind of big joke on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just hesitate. Hesitate and turn around. I'll let others elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if Scorpion learned the hesitate and turn around tell in his spook course?
Old 06-14-2007, 04:09 PM

Sniper,

So far in this thread I've "learned" that I should take advice from people who hesitate AND turn around before sharing that advice.

I'm off to make millions!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper,

So far in this thread I've "learned" that I should take advice from people who hesitate AND turn around before sharing that advice.

I'm off to make millions!

[/ QUOTE ]

/hesitating and turning around

Should you find yourself in this situation, please do not let Evan scare you off from sharing with the forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]