Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Another etiquette question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sit down where you want, since its a sporting event you'll probably be getting drunk and getting up to piss a lot. This means you'll probably all be switching seats around anyways throughout the event.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm not on the Boris level of nittery wrt to seats vs tickets, once I'm in my seat, it is my seat, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems totally reasonable, I guess I'm just sharing how this situation usually develops among my friends. For example if I'm on the inside and go to take a piss, I might come back and say "mind moving down so I don't have to squeeze through again?" and everyone will probably comply. (In actual fact I will say "MOVE OVER U ASS HOLE" which gets the response "[censored] off [censored]", hilarity ensues.)
Old 06-11-2007, 05:27 PM

i'd usually sit in the one on my ticket, unless a really tall person was in front (i'm 5'4") in which case i ask one of my taller friends (lots of those lol) to swap with me.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:30 PM

What actually happened was there was only two of us and the event was A's V. Giants. Congrats to Tuq. The Hot Chick in question was indeed and Oakland A's fan. My buddy gave me my ticket before entering. Whereupon he went to take crap or something and I went to get a hot dog and beer. I got to our seats first and, noticing the enormousness of my potential seat mate, promptly opted for the aisle seat. My buddy then arrives and hems and haws and goes on about how he intentionally gave himself the aisle seat ticket and he's OCD and bla, bla, bla....

I thought it was weak on his part.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:32 PM

Boris - but didn't your buddy get the tix for everyone?

-Al
Old 06-11-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One friend buys the tix and then distributes them before the event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to be clear that you actually paid for your seat here. If so I agree your friend was extremely weak. If not he's still being a bit of a baby but I can somewhat understand it if he paid for the seats.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boris - but didn't your buddy get the tix for everyone?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he did get the tickets and I reimbursed him as well.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:39 PM

Boris / Stabn - I'd still defer a bit to the guy who got the tix (give him the aisle in this case) because he did more work by getting the seats in the first place.

-Al
Old 06-11-2007, 05:40 PM

Boris,

I feel like with two seats it's different. If there's obviously one bad and one good seat, I think you have to defer to the guy who did the legwork in buying the seats. Mostly you should have a long and lound conversation about how nasty it's going to be to sit next to the lady and make sure she hears you.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boris / Stabn - I'd still defer a bit to the guy who got the tix (give him the aisle in this case) because he did more work by getting the seats in the first place.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I see the who got the tix thing as variance. Next time boris might be the one getting them, i don't think we really need to trade special seat status around for whoever got them this week.

If boris and his friend were both headed to the seats at the same time and his friend said "hey i want the aisle" when they got there that would be cool. But to come up later and say it is pretty lame.

However, if this friend is always the one that gets tix in these situations I understand your point a bit more.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mostly you should have a long and lound conversation about how nasty it's going to be to sit next to the lady and make sure she hears you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that conversation took place. And then after we switched seats my buddy started to make nicey nice conversation across me to the diet challenged woman.