Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: ladies event wsop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit - whether or not Daniel Negreanu can limp here I believe is irrelevant for the OP, as it should to most posters here. He is incredibly creative and a brilliant hand-reader. So the fact that he can limp w/ bad hands I don't think should influence advice you give to someone else who is newer to tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take this fanboy crap to P5s.

I'd take at least a dozen, probably two dozen, different frequent posters here over Negreanu even-money for best finish in any MTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are a moron. For one, I didn't bring up Negreanu. For two, his tournament track record speaks for itself. I love how its so "trendy" to knock tv pro's, who may have played a few hands poorly on High Stakes Poker. I guess he won Player of the Year in 2004 by accident. Or is the all-time money winner in the WPT (which, I think is all MTT if i'm not mistaken) just by "running hot". Unless one of these posters is Phil Hellmuth, Jr., I will take you up on that bet - that Daniel will cash for more money in the WSOP than any individual poster (of the dozens you can name) on here.

Just an absurd comment on every level.

----
Speaking of being a "fanboy" (and there was no need for that condescending post) - maybe I should make some sweet avatar like "free cts"... then i'd be really cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ u
Old 06-12-2007, 02:19 AM

If the lady you were in this hand against was my friend, Colette from Vancouver BC, she is a very good player with about 15 years experience. The woman you described is about the right age and has short white hair. She's done very well in tournaments here and won a sat. (with about 100+ players) in Vancouver to get to the Ladies event. There was only one seat given and she got it. It was nice to see her cash in her first WSOP event.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:51 AM

yeah she played her hand well against me whoever it was. didnt expect it. is she a big lady? overweight and just big (not huge), and seems a little bitchy (or just not very friendly)?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:03 AM

No she's not big, about 5'3'' and very serious when she's playing. Guess it was someone else. The age was right and she has pure white hair. Anyway, wish I could have gone with her.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
womens only events shouldn't count as high stakes mtts

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, my sister is playing in this event (still alive with 66 left) and I have to concur they are exceptionally bad, many many times worse than the regular 1500 MTTs which are not so star studded themselves.

I will give one example:

Blinds 300-600 with 75 ante. She has 4000 left. Button raises to 2k. Jenn (my sister) uses the old stop+go with A5o. Flop comes KQ9, she pushes for her last 2k. Pot has whatever, like 5k chips in it, and she shows TT and throws it in the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice...sounds like a stars 180!