Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 04:23 PM

Default more huhu riggaments

this is the last hand from a 300 hand HU marathon vs this enormous fish.

he makes a play at literally every paired board. he made the very dumb mistake of showing me his bluffs the first 2 times he did it, so after that I have been restealing by raising the turn every time and always taking it down.

in this hand I actually have a showdownable hand so I don't go for it. when he bets the river I'm like 99% sure he has a K because he almost never fires the last barrel.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) yourface is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">yourface raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3SB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, yourface calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, yourface calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface caps</font>, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13.5BB
yourface shows QC QH
BB shows 9D KH

boourns

the cap was probably bad because the flush draw coming in should freeze his trip hands up but meh.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: more huhu riggaments

I think that's a pretty easy river cap. You beat lower pocket pair boats (unless he always 3bets all pairs preflop) and you beat all flushes and he could be overplaying trip kings or bluffing with Ace high and then deciding to call anyway or what have you.

Sucks to run bad, but don't start giving up value because you run bad.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Low Content: Fun With Variance

I win this thread. I went through the sickest 40K hands ever. Basically, 3 200BB downswings back to back to back.

Even with all this, I'm still running at 1.0/100 this year, but god damn, did I want to never play again.

Another things worth noting. 40K hands is two months for me. Even with this huge downswing, I actually made money both months due to rb/bonus.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: HOW THE [censored] IS THIS POSSIBLE?

[ QUOTE ]
so I'm playing this huge fish hu

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) yourface is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">yourface raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3SB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2.5BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, BB calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, yourface calls.

Results:
Final pot: 8.5BB
BB shows 4D KC
yourface shows 8H10D

then he plays his button and quits
bah

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah i had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 1 hand and the dude gets up lol.

oddly enough i'm pretty sure pokertracker doesn't DL hit and runs that are 1 hand
Old 06-10-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: more huhu riggaments

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's a pretty easy river cap. You beat lower pocket pair boats (unless he always 3bets all pairs preflop) and you beat all flushes and he could be overplaying trip kings or bluffing with Ace high and then deciding to call anyway or what have you.

Sucks to run bad, but don't start giving up value because you run bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

god this guy was so bad
so so bad
sooooo bad
but he ran fking hot omg. my showdown numbers were 36/40 and I still won money.

you'd have to be there but he probably doesn't 3bet this river without the house after I raise the diamond. maybe though, and with a 4 bet cap it can't be much of a mistake.

he gives like 0 action postflop and is godawful at value betting. this hand tells you everything you need to know about this guy:

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) yourface is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">yourface bets</font>, SB calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
yourface checks, SB checks.

Results:
Final pot: 4BB
yourface shows KC 6D
SB shows 9C 6H
Old 06-10-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah i had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 1 hand and the dude gets up lol.

oddly enough i'm pretty sure pokertracker doesn't DL hit and runs that are 1 hand

[/ QUOTE ]

hit and runs tilt me like nothing else omg

I had one guy hit and run me twice in the space of like 20 minutes I wanted to reach through the internets and stab him in the face
Old 06-10-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hit and runs tilt me like nothing else omg

I had one guy hit and run me twice in the space of like 20 minutes I wanted to reach through the internets and stab him in the face

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha - word, hit n' runs suck azz.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:26 PM

i don't have much to add to this thread right now other than saying i hate poker
Old 06-10-2007, 11:44 PM

i've resorted to tell them to get my chat banned 1st and then going off on them.

i don't one or 2 but like 5-6 in a row is more than i can take

this game is so sick
Old 06-11-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Low Content: Fun With Variance

Even though this isn't from small stakes, I'm gonna post it here anyways. My last 2 weeks: