Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you are a white male, have you ever been in a relationship with an Asian female?
No 36 83.72%
Yes 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: NEW Poker After Dark airs June 11

At the end of the show, when Shana walked sideways, her belly looked normal, and her love melons didn't look enlarged, so it must have been the opening camera angle that made her look a bit chunky. Nice hair Shana.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 PM

Tonight's new episode was okay. There were some good and bad laydowns, and there was enough table talk to keep it interesting. Certainly not as boring as week #1 or Ladies week, although that's not saying much. Why they still insist on using cash, is beyond me.

The main problem with tonight's episode was that they often had more than one story being told at the same time, so some were cut off in the middle. When Hachem started telling Gold his story about having pocket kings vs someone else's pocket aces in another tournament, I never got to hear the punchline, because Doyle started talking to Chan. It sounded like a good story and I'm hoping one of you guys has heard the story before on another show. The guy with the aces asks to take a picture with Hachem, and somehow Hachem fooled him into thinking he had lost, or something like that?

I still think Shana looks like she put on some weight over the break, unless it's just her dress, or perhaps she's bloated. Her arms also seem a bit fat although she's still slim enough and probably just eating well. However, if she later announces that she's pregnant, I wouldn't be surprised. I also like her new Tara Conner (former Miss USA) hairstyle.

Since I assume most of you would rather read about some of the other table talk AFTER you've seen the show, I'll highlight it in white as a spoiler. This is the only time I'll post before 3am about new PAD episodes, but as this is the first time I've ever seen a US poker show before it aired in the US, I couldn't resist this time.

SPOILER table talk:<font color="white">

Raymer told Huck Seed that he recently played golf against Gavin Smith, for 1 million dollars a hole. He only beat Gavin on one hole, so Gavin still owed him a million dollars. Huck asked what the catch was, and Raymer told him that the one provision was that the loser only had to pay up once he had a net worth of 100 million. Raymer also said he was hoping Gavin hits it big or might inherit a lot of money from a rich relative so he could collect the million one day. Raymer later told the same story to Hachem who also immediately asked what the catch was.

Raymer also talked a bit about a court case. Doyle asked if it was a North Carolina ruling. Raymer said that the state had a witness that saw a hand on tv, where Hellmuth was a 91% favorite and lost; so obviously skill can't overcome luck. Doyle then said he could convince anybody that it's a game of skill.

Later on, Doyle's phone rang with the Godfather theme, but nobody laughed. He answered and said that he was in a poker tournament, and hung up.

By the way, Shana IS pregnant...with my child. Now you know the real reason why I had to use the spoiler alert.</font>
Old 06-12-2007, 03:09 AM

Gold was getting rocked.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:05 AM

hahahhah Gold only solidified his reputation as a lucky donk this episode.

Funniest part was at the end when Shana asked Johnny Chan what it was like to play against the guy he mentored, Jamie Gold, and he said "It's like taking candy from a baby"

HAHAHA so classic.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:22 AM

gold gets owned

huck plays tight sng style

everyone is making their moves against gold
Old 06-12-2007, 12:51 PM

I tried to watch last night be fell asleep before the first hand
Old 06-12-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
huck plays perfectly

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-12-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gold was getting rocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

No surprise there. You would think being outclassed he would play tight and play in big pots. Or at least do this after he has a loose image. Gold did this in the last one where he kept playing loose. Why not adjust and tighten up?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:10 PM

Gold is such a joke. He is getting some bad cards but pretty much just getting outplayed. I like Chan saying that playing with Gold is like "taking candy from a baby" haha
Old 06-12-2007, 05:34 PM

I notice they changed the chips. I can actually tell what they're betting now without having to remember which chips are which.