Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Not sure about this? Thoughts?

I also agree that Player B made a call, but that was not necessarily the ruling in this case and hence the post by OP.

I also agree that people not in the hand need to STFU about the hand still in play. OP, I did a similar thing many moons ago when I was a newb to B&M, except I pointed out to the guy next to me that he in fact had the winning hand (a straight) at showdown (before he tabled it though). I got a lot of shyt for doing it from the guy who lost the hand. At the time I didn't realize how much of a big deal it was. Now I know better, and just STFU when not in a hand.

It should also be mentioned that people should wait until the chips are in the pot or a call has been clearly established/confirmed by the dealer before showing down (if they want to get paid off without incident). Basically, if all of the chips are not in the pot, don't turn up the cards, or just wait until the dealer tells you to.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:42 PM

1. I thought your point of just putting 1 chip in to call an all-in point was valid but I'm not certain of the rule on this. That's what occured to me though.

2. The guy's attempted fake-call was good enough that Player A actually DID seem pretty certain that he had called.
Obviously he wouldn't have turned them over if he didn't think the player had actrually called although he might have been prompted into thinking it was a call when the OP declared what the hand was (also having thought that the call had already been made).

I found it interesting that OP's argument to the guy was "were you going to call or not?" and didn't have anything to do with the fact that player-B had already put some of his chips forward and onto the felt which I would have been enough of a reason to hold him to a call.

So instead of letting him back out of it for the fake-out I think they could have said, "Sorry, but you already put some chips in after he pushed all-in and that is enough to constitute a call."
This seems like it would might be less likely to have left as many bad feelings with player-B.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:37 PM

Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM

Good answer