Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: The Official Binion\'s Poker Classic Thread.

I absolutely LOVE the Binions Poker Classic, have played about 8 events so far, haven't cashed in a single one yet, but did win their normal Sat 8pm about 2 weeks ago. I've always been a fan of Binion's and they are absolutely running a great show, would advise all not to miss it and go to at least one (or 5!) events.

Also, it's always great seeing the same old staff, same dealers, same floor who actually know what they're doing (well, the ones that do! LOL)

Won't be back until the 29th, but then have a seat into the monthly TOC freeroll, so will be there all weekend.

T
Old 06-18-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know how long it is taking to get to the final table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, it all depends, but I believe they are saying 10 hours, give or take. T
Old 06-18-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know how long it is taking to get to the final table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, it all depends, but I believe they are saying 10 hours, give or take. T

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems about right. I went out in 13th in the 6-max and that took about 9 hours. I'd guess another hour to the final table is close. (Sure, the final table would be 6 instead of 10, but the field was somewhat smaller too.) What really slows it down is they go hand for hand with each pay hike as well as on the money bubble. Jennifer put time back on the blind clock after each hand for hand period. That's a positive since it neutralizes the impact of stalling, but the constant hand for hands obviously slowed things down. To dispense with the hand for hand everyone had to agree. I was assured by others who play there often that the stalling would be unbearable if they agreed. As it was we still had one guy who was taking forever to give his speech before finally folding to the blind who was restealing from him.