Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Making Yourself Unreadable: A Debate

I never lynch wolves when I'm a villager, so it would make no sense for me to target anybody other than villagers when I'm a wolf.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost never deliberately try to clear myself when I am a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reading this sentence made me realize that I haven't ever gone through great lengths to clear myself unless I was a villager; mostly in long games. Anyone who knows my game is probably aware of that. It's time to switch gears again. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Lastchance, I agree with you on the metagame aspect of WW. On a board where everyone eventually plays with each other enough to know tendencies, metagame definitely comes into play.

Traz, like Dustin, I am another player who claims wolf fairly often regardless of my role. I usually do it in more of a joking-like manner than others (and usually in response to someone who accuses me without reason...d1, etc.) My sarcasm usually helps me skate by and I can count on one hand how many times claiming wolf has gotten me lynched.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:58 AM

So lange es nicht in den Regeln ausdruecklich verboten ist kann man auch unlesbar sein indem man in einer Sprache schreibet, die niemand versteht.
Ich wuerde sagen, das ist eine Mischung aus den Punkten zwei und drei.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So lange es nicht in den Regeln ausdruecklich verboten ist kann man auch unlesbar sein indem man in einer Sprache schreibet, die niemand versteht.

[/ QUOTE ]
Translated:

[ QUOTE ]
So for a long time in the rules not being expressly forbidden can one be also illegible by one in a language writes, which does not understand anybody. I would say, that am a mixture from the points two and three.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still trying to make sense out of it.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Translated:

[ QUOTE ]
So for a long time in the rules not being expressly forbidden can one be also illegible by one in a language writes, which does not understand anybody. I would say, that am a mixture from the points two and three.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still trying to make sense out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
For a long time it was not expressly against the rules to post in a language no one understands, which would be unreadable. But I like to use a mixture of #2 and #3 from Luckay's post.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:53 AM

Thx sir.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:31 AM

Awesome, lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As long as it is not explicitly prohibited by the rules it is very much possible to be unreadable by writing in a language that noone understands.
I'd say this is a mix of point 2 and 3.

QED.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:03 PM

Here's why I'm saying this. People who look to clear themselves when they're wolves are going to do things that are unnatural and make arguments that are patently false to clear themselves when they are wolves.

When you have metagame, and you better believe 2p2 has tons of metagame, people will remember and react instantly to whatever new things you do to clear yourself.

As a villager, you generally don't do these things or look to clear yourself so badly. You clear yourself based on things you find very, very hard personally to do as a wolf. As a wolf, obviously, you need to these things. But people will react almost immediately to your ability to clear yourself and are almost never going to clear you for something they know you've done as a wolf.

2p2 is ridiculously meta right now. Maybe you guys think that's bad, maybe it is. But considering there's no way in hell we play in a vacuum, I think it's just natural.

Most villagers don't do actions to clear themselves, they do things naturally and clear themselves later. As a wolf, you have to emulate that.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:06 PM

The only bad thing about metagame is when people sacrifice what is currently going on for future considerations. LC, you made a post once about how you did something as a villager for your wolf game for later. That is terrible.

Meta is fine in the fact that people make player specific reads, remember what people do, and try to act differently in order to win the current game.. not to setup for future games.