Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: why is AIDs so widespread?

Seeing how the Pope travel's to numerous populated countries in the world and ADVOCATES not using condoms. I would say the pope and the church have been contributing to the spread of AIDS ( NOT THE #1 REASON FLAMERS ) but it is a reason. Countries adverse to using condoms is a problem.

I'm just assuming that poorer countries in Africa the people cannot afford condoms. Or would rather have lots of kids because childern are a big resource in poor countries.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:05 AM

Default Re: why is AIDs so widespread?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The blood test is a simple enzyme test and a drop is sufficient to test activity. (For this you get the results in 15 minutes).

Recent tests allow a toothpick to scrape a few cells from the cheek to be tested. (I'm not sure about the mechanism of this test). (But you get the results in a few minutes in this test, too).

[/ QUOTE ]

OHHH, you mean an HIV test.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that HIV appears to lead with 100% certainty to AIDS, which in turn is 100% incurable, why are you concerned about the distinction? Contracting HIV = contracting AIDS.