Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Super standard, right?

[ QUOTE ]
I would call soooo light here if I was villain. This is not a strong line at all...it looks like an obvious draw or bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you do this with JJ/AA/AJ thats just rly rly bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 05-30-2007, 10:49 PM

aejones is right btw
Old 05-30-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I take this hand in a vacuum and throw balance out the window and really simplify everything, don't I want to be putting in all my money with a chance to knock the other guy out, given that my equity is 50% at best? If I c-bet and he shoves over top, yeah, I'm calling for sure because of pot odds, but it's better for me to win a smaller pot outright.

Maybe check/shoving the flop looks exactly like a draw, but bet/calling looks like anything and I'm never way ahead. If I'm going to be racing my money I'd rather give him a chance to fold. If he has KK/QQ/88/whatever (some hand that isn't great), I'd be much better off checkraising the flop rather than bet/calling. Again, this is oversimplifying it and assuming that he'll shove over the top of a bet and call a c/r with the same range. If he has a good hand that he won't fold, it doesn't make a difference what I do.

The point of bet/calling is to keep the balance with your later and previous c-bets in similar situations, assuming that this is your regular line (for most people it is) and if we're disregarding balance, I think checkraising is better.

I'm kind of playing devil's advocate here and I'm not steadfastly convinced that my line is best, but does this seem reasonable?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what your saying, BUT, a lot of the hands you want to push him off, hes not going to be betting in the first place, so you going to a c/r is not going to work, because his betting range is not going to be that wide, IMO. THis is the way i think about it, lets say he has a pair under Aces, except jacks, how do we want to get him off of this, not c/r because hes not going to bet, we'll bet the flop, and he will probably call but he will be scared as [censored] with the ace out, and if u make a big bet on the turn he will probably fold these hands. Obv as u pointed out your not getting him to fold AK or better anytime, but if u bet flop and turn ur doing your best to get him to fold that other crap
Old 05-30-2007, 11:20 PM

also, checking looks weak to ppl since they assume that if you cbet a lot on ur 3bets, why wouldnt you when you actually had a hand, so you know where to take it...
Old 05-30-2007, 11:52 PM

Maybe I misinterpreted everyone saying to bet/call the flop. I agree that double-barrelling any turn is a good line, and one that I do take most of the time. However, if you guys are expecting him to shove or fold the flop most of the time, checkraising seems to be clearly the better line.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I misinterpreted everyone saying to bet/call the flop. I agree that double-barrelling any turn is a good line, and one that I do take most of the time. However, if you guys are expecting him to shove or fold the flop most of the time, checkraising seems to be clearly the better line.

[/ QUOTE ]
i def dont think hes shoving or folding most of the time, i think hes calling with a decent amount here. And when everyones saying bet call, they are just stating you will have odds to call a shove on flop. I think checkraising all in on the flop is good if you have some reason to belive he is very aggressive and will call a lot of 3bets and fight for pots, and essentially if hes going to be betting a lot of flops with a wide range, IF hes not, you wont have a bet to raise...
Old 05-31-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would call soooo light here if I was villain. This is not a strong line at all...it looks like an obvious draw or bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you do this with JJ/AA/AJ thats just rly rly bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that these two statements contradict each other, but do u rly think that with AA/JJ/AJ that 1) checking the flop is good and 2) if he checks behind that checking again on the turn is good?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:55 AM

why check flop?

i bet flop and call shove, shove turn if called.