Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Heads-up STT: How to Kill Em Off

sparta,

everyone here hates my ass. its not you that made me go away. the forum would be better off w/o me i think. i used to think it was funny bragging about riches and stuff but i have to say its starting to get to me a little how everybody flames me. maybe my skin really isnt that thick afterall.

edit: and i think its pretty much my fault because i created this mess for myself and everybody has an image of me that isn't what i'm really like. its weird.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Heads-up STT: How to Kill Em Off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SNGPT has a very good tutorial on unexploitable heads-up play, and how to deviate from it to be even more profitable. SNGPT website

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim....when you deviate (you personally, that is).....do you only deviate by pushing more when your opponents are tighter than NE, or do you also throw in min-raises or limps as well (or just stick with push/fold)??

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming we're talking about turbo end-games where the stacks are typically less than 10 BB, most of my "deviations" are simply pushing more hands and calling just ever so slightly tighter. It's basically what SNGPT would spit out for you if you put in a typical donkishly-tight calling range for a 10 BB push like {44+,A5s+,A7o+,Broadway junk}. That's probably not revolutionary.

I will mix in a smallish raise sometimes, but only if I think it actually gives me more folding equity than a push. The old reverse-reverse psychology trick... it only works on certain opponents and in certain spots. It only works a few times. I'm calling about 90% of the times I raise, even with a lot of silly-looking hands like 87s. It would just be a case where I was wrong about a smaller raise giving me more folding equity, but obviously I am priced in to call and I understand that from the beginning.

I'll limp/minbet the flop every once in a while, but again just in spots where I think it will get me a fold more often than a push.