Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: How Nitty? Parking situation w/diagram

also....

answer this nits...

[ QUOTE ]
What happens if the neighbors car is on either side of his driveway parked "legally"? Does she back straight up into the front of the neighbors driveway and then turn the wheel to proceed down the street?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-29-2007, 03:11 PM

Your neighbor's car is a lovely orange color.

Saying something to them is completely reasonable, to me. No reason to be an [censored]. I have problems with neighbors doing similar [censored], and usually all it takes is a knock on the door and a five minute chat. People live in bubbles oblivious to the world around them, but when you point out something they're doing is making life worse for you, most people are cool about it.

If they are [censored], then just call in the nuke strikes.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:12 PM

easy answer, just have your wife park in front of your driveway, that way she can get out easy with no problem. Also then they will feel your pain. Your wife drives a big SUV so they will no doubt have a tough time getting out.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so again, are we assuming she is not capible of turning her wheel? or do you all just feel you are entitled to pull out of your driveway in any fashion you please?

lol, nits.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just cause this thread already is nit-ing it up. Go with the flow.

And yea, she should be entitled to pull out in whatever fashion she pleases.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also....

answer this nits...

[ QUOTE ]
What happens if the neighbors car is on either side of his driveway parked "legally"? Does she back straight up into the front of the neighbors driveway and then turn the wheel to proceed down the street?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BT,

That's not a driveway, that's a garage, it comes right up to the street. The driveway on that side of the street is to the right of the garage I pictured. The legal parking spaces are easily 10-15 feet away. If they're not parked there, you just pull right out.

Yes, that is the color of the neighbor's car. It's an Element.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:17 PM

I think actual pics would give everybody a better idea how nitty this really is/isn't.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:20 PM

I was going to come down on your side until I saw your wife drives one of those obnoxious huge SUVs, which she probably doesn't have full ability to handle.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Talk to them about it. They may not have any idea of the stress they are causing parking there. If they are decent people, they won't mind changing their parking arrangement.

If they aren't decent people, then you won't have to feel guilty about getting the police involved. I doubt it would come to this. Unless you live across from By-Tor.

[ QUOTE ]
so again, are we assuming she is not capible of turning her wheel? or do you all just feel you are entitled to pull out of your driveway in any fashion you please?

lol, nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it that you're ragging on somebody for their bold sense of entitlement at being able to exit their driveway and not the [censored] who's parking in a non-spot?

Imagine that LFS talks to the neighbor, and he gets riled up and makes the following post on 2p2

"So I've been parking in front of my garage for a while, and it's not in a legal spot, but nobody really uses that road. My neighbor just asked me to move my car 'cause they can't get out of their driveway. I should firebomb them, right?"

I don't think that goes so well.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also....

answer this nits...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BT,

That's not a driveway, that's a garage, it comes right up to the street. The driveway on that side of the street is to the right of the garage I pictured. The legal parking spaces are easily 10-15 feet away. If they're not parked there, you just pull right out.

Yes, that is the color of the neighbor's car. It's an Element.

[/ QUOTE ]

then you needed a better diagram. this is what i envisioned as your 'solution', which also produces the same questions (had it been the case)...

my question would have been how does she get out, backing straigh out, then proceeding left, without taking out the front of car B?

but if my Car A and Car B should actually be 10-15 feet further from the driveway, you probably have a point.

draw better FTW please.