Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: $30K Missing from Absolute Poker Account!! Help Please.

When an account is frozen at AP it shows that all money has been removed from the account. But this does not mean they are confiscating the money. It is just an automatic process by the system. Once the account is unfrozen the money is adjusted automatically back into the account.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:49 AM

i need a utility bill from thailand with my name on it.

just add my name on yr utility bill and i will help you pay it.

im trying to get verified at cryptologic, i want to try their seemingly great bonus program.

i would only play from thailand.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

im trying to get verified at cryptologic, i want to try their seemingly great bonus program.

[/ QUOTE ]
And believe me, there's no better place than a "Money Missing from my Absolute account" to post looking for such a thing!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:24 AM

didnt you see the lead in to my request.

verification need ed for girls account...........lol.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And believe me, there's no better place than a "Money Missing from my Absolute account" to post looking for such a thing!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO
Old 05-31-2007, 04:46 AM

Did she play enough?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 AM

True, if she did nothing wrong, nothing to worry about.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did she play enough?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, she didn't play enough.

However they have added the money back to her account after many phone calls to them. They wanted to monitor her account every day to ensure she was playing often enough at high enough stakes. I'm not sure where the poker sites come off making these kind of demands. Does that seem unfair to anyone else or just to me? Are people not allowed to deposit some money and then change their mind about how often they will play at a site? She has found much better sites to play at recently. Or is she supposed to just move there permanently for a winrate of 1 BB/100 instead of 6 BB/100 elsewhere?

Regardless, Absolute agreed to just close down her account permanently and let her withdraw her money. Based on other threads that I've read on Absolute this doesn't sound like a sure thing though because there have been tons of cashout problems.

Anyways, this is a real shocker, but it seems that poker sites make it dead easy for people to deposit huge amounts of money but close to impossible to actually withdraw it. Wow, it's almost like they are only happy if you gamble it all away. "Come to site XYZ and WIN!" (but good luck getting the money out.)
Old 05-31-2007, 01:41 PM

I think they get charged about 5% on all transaction.

$30 000*5%= $1500 in fee they pay when you deposit.

If a lot of players make large deposit and withraw without playing it get expensive for the site.

Im not 100% sure for the 5% but even at 2% it add up very quick.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think they get charged about 5% on all transaction.

$30 000*5%= $1500 in fee they pay when you deposit.

If a lot of players make large deposit and withraw without playing it get expensive for the site.

Im not 100% sure for the 5% but even at 2% it add up very quick.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right of course, but this is a cost of these sites doing business. I will never have sympathy for the business costs of a poker site, as long as it's within their rules and not some deliberate form of scamming them. They do also make 5% interest per year on the money held at their sites. And on top of that they charge exorbitant rake for a service that is cheap to provide in exchange for poor customer service.

So I see where the poker sites are coming from. But imagine you have $50K in Neteller and they suddenly inform you that they will be closing operations for your country in a week or so. And you know that US players have recently had their money frozen in Neteller for months due to not cashing out from there right away, even though they followed the advice given from Neteller.

What would you do in this scenario? The advice that I gave turned out to be bad. In fact Neteller has still allowed Canadians to cash out their money after the deadline and nobody's money was seized. But at the time my advice was to get all of the money out of there ASAP on to any trustworthy poker sites which would accept it.

I don't think that constitutes money laundering. That is just a cost of these gambling sites doing business (and making a killing) off of a quasi-illegal and unregulated business which may have payment processing companies jumping ship at any time. Absolute does not appear to be a trustworthy poker site.

I am a bit surprised that poker players would take the side of a poker site in a situation that has been very difficult for players to handle. Personally I have $5K locked up in Eurobet and I'm not sure how I can get that out, partially because I'm lazy. They no longer have any legit cashout methods, I don't know if I want to deal with EcoCard and I'm not looking forward to figuring out bank wires. But I am sure that they will try to screw me though because they would rather I keep that money there forever until I lose it to rake or -EV gambling.