Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: ohh know return of the well

[ QUOTE ]
what happened to your mom? feel free to ignore

[/ QUOTE ]

umm well my rents never really got along but stuck together for us when we were kids I happened to be the first to find out of when my mom wanted to move out when I was like 16 because I happened to take a message for my mom which was a realtor saying the appts she wanted move into was available. Thus I had to confront here and for a couple months I had to conceal what I knew from my fam and that bothered me a lot. That's act the time I got into smoke and drinking a lot more in HS. After that she moved a few blocks down into some new dev and a few years back while she was teaching she had a seizure at school during her class and got rushed to the hospital where she had another and almost died due to a blood clot in her head she eventually recovered but it was a really scary time. It wasn't till she had a few other injuries that doctors started doing a lot of testing to find a underling caused.

Eventually they did a month after she moved out and was on her own financially etc. She had 2 very rare blooddisorders one was waldrofstroms malenoma and I forgot the name of the other basically one was a blood thinning one and another was a blood thickening. Both diseased indiv for a women who was 50 were like 1 in 20mil chances of having it let alone both. As far as we knew she was only person in whole world diagnosed with both. She found dana fauber cancer institute in boston and she was told she had like 3-6 months to live 5 years ago and when she went to the expert for waldrofstroms he gave her much better hope etc. She started chemo and a bunch of other treatments all were trial things for new drugs. She was usually only women in these test groups and only one under 70 because these diseases were most common in old men but still very rare and little known about them

Basically the treatments just slowed everything down and ended up killing her bone marrow so she had to start getting blind transfusions and platelets daily. This went on for a year or two and things keep getting worse she was getting weaker and fighting less and less. She's was redic tough women and wasn't going down without a fight.

One day while I was taking her to a doct appt I could tell she was really bad but she hates hospitals and I was able to force her to get checked in once I talked to her doctors when she wasn't around they checked her in and started her on morphone and a lot of other intense drugs. That lasted for like 3 weeks she left hosp for a few days only to have me and my siblings force her to go back because it was best place for her. At this time there was some disagreement with the divorce with my mom and dad I got involved and just was starting to do well in poker and was giving any profits I made to her to help with whatever, but I couldn't play much cuz every night I would sleep in hos with here so there was someone to help her with whatever she needed. She wasn't sleeping so we just talked all night. One night she just got hope from the hosp and a friend was over with her watching and was going to take her to her appt in the AM for more blood and platelets but I had a sickening feeling all night that something wasn't right. I was a few blocks away and for the first and only time at like 7am on no sleep after playing I went over to check on her cuz I had that feeling. The person who was staying with her was like I was just going to call you I went to give her, her pills for the night and she just hunched over in my arms. I go check on my mom and here eyes are half open and she's completely unresponsive call 911 etc wakeup my fam and have them come over. abulence arrives first they take her out of her room and I ride with them we rush to nearest hosp and she had another brain clot and this time it was too much.

It still bothers me a lot just eeiry that was the only time I had ever going over there in the AM cuz I was worried it's the only time I've ever had that gut feeling that strong. We weren't that close when I was younger cuz I was always rebelous etc and fighting with my parents but once she moved out we got really close esp when she was really sick I spent 15 hours a day with her. She was first immediate family member to be behind me with poker and if it wasn't for her and her earliest motivation I would of given up long ago.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many FT's do you have for your open challenge, and do you think it was still a good idea?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post10065179

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost to bond, I think it was a good idea I just really didn't play much I played 25% of the tourneys I expected to play but I didn't account for all my friends getting home from college and me always wanted to go out and drink and party and not grind like i did all winter. I think I lost by 5 or so fts if I wanted to I could of won but a week ago bond IMed me with an offer of a buyout I put the money into shares of myself for WSOP and he gets the action. So that works out fine and I didn't kill myself last week I was able to hangout with everyone and say my goodbyes.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:10 PM

thanks for sharing shaun, i have a very similar story with my own mom from a few years ago, and it was somehow nice reading your, very sad, story.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:21 PM

Very sorry to hear about your mom shaun, that was a touching story.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very sorry to hear about your mom shaun, that was a touching story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there ... those memories might be sad now but will become even more precious as time goes on. Lots of people never get to know how cool their parents are.

you are very fortunate ...
Old 05-28-2007, 02:37 PM

Sorry for your loss...

Question: Do you ever think about writing more coherently? Like w/ mild attention even to grammar and syntax?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for your loss...

Question: Do you ever think about writing more coherently? Like w/ mild attention even to grammar and syntax?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly not with this job, there's little reason if people think less highly of me because Im lazy and don't care about that then that's fine won't effect my bottom line at all. I don't see anything in the future I will be doing where it would be so important to improve on that most things I have planned for the future outside of poker have little to do with writing since that's obv not my strong suit and never will.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:46 PM

sorry to hear about your mom shaun. touching story.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Which online player would you most like to call an overbet shove from and beat with QJ?

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm that's tougher then I thought it would be, prob guildwolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

snap!
Old 05-28-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Which online player would you most like to call an overbet shove from and beat with QJ?

[/ QUOTE ]
hmm that's tougher then I thought it would be, prob guildwolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

snap!

[/ QUOTE ]

you taking a break from the real world to get to vegas we could do a live HU match or something would prob be fun. Loser has to do something redic as well as lose monies.