Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: How badly is the US inciting Islamic hatred against itself?

I realize that was not Phil's point in the second example, but I am using it to reemphasize my propaganda in favour of a worldwide autocratic Catholic utopia.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize that was not Phil's point in the second example, but I am using it to reemphasize my propaganda in favour of a worldwide autocratic Catholic utopia.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why you're my favorite poster [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
If people followed Catholic doctrine, AIDS would not be spread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, AIDS is directly caused by the Catholic Church. Married couples, where one partner has AIDS and the other doesn't, are not permitted to use condoms, even though the sex is permitted. Their policies also lead to more AIDS babies, overpopulation, and the problems that brings. But as long as there are more Catholics in the world, right?

Also, lol@ the Catholics being peaceful. Good one.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:26 AM

A couple could not get married if one partner had AIDS. That would be a health impediment to marriage. If the AIDS was acquired during marriage, then it was as a result of breaking moral law except some fluke cases. The use of condoms is redundant as a prior immoral action was already undertaken. People with AIDS should not be having sex, period.

Also, I don't understand the contradictory stance of being concerned with the spread of AIDS and overpopulation. The former helps negate the latter, so you should be encouraging the spread of AIDS to be logically consistent.

And Catholics should not be peaceful all the time. They should go to war for the right reasons. However, the Iraq war was not done for the right reasons, and is thus a mess rightfully inciting hatred towards the USA.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple could not get married if one partner had AIDS. That would be a health impediment to marriage. If the AIDS was acquired during marriage, then it was as a result of breaking moral law except some fluke cases. The use of condoms is redundant as a prior immoral action was already undertaken. People with AIDS should not be having sex, period.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a couple of wows in there.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't understand the contradictory stance of being concerned with the spread of AIDS and overpopulation. The former helps negate the latter, so you should be encouraging the spread of AIDS to be logically consistent.

[/ QUOTE ]
By this reasoning anyone who thinks overpopulation should be addressed should also support any kind of genocide in order to be logically consistent.

[ QUOTE ]
And Catholics should not be peaceful all the time. They should go to war for the right reasons. However, the Iraq war was not done for the right reasons, and is thus a mess rightfully inciting hatred towards the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]
To get this thread back on track: The hatred of the US runs far deeper than Iraq. And the Arabs do have a legitimate case against the US based both on history and current events. The US messes in the internal politics of the region, props up favorable regimes with money, arms, politic support and CIA help, and generally messes in Muslim affairs. This is where the extremists draw their biblical right of defence, and it's a reasonable argument. I daresay terrorism would not be noteworthy if not for US meddling in Middle Eastern affairs. Yes, there a bunch are crazy towelheads who would like to see Sharia law everywhere. But they're also just people trying to get on with life, and much of the distilled hatred comes specifically from the effects of US meddling, which directly their lives and the pride of their people.

BTW, I agree with what BluffTHIS says about "sheltering extremism", although his biblical quotes and understanding of Islam is pretty silly - especially given that he's a Christian with an absurdly contradictory bible of his own.

But I wonder if he agrees what I say about his complicity in not SPEAKING UP about immoral and violent acts by his own government which directly affect Muslims. The hypocrisy is so thick you can taste it.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:28 AM

Ok someone work with me here. I do not believe in Islam so according to the radicals I must die. So am I justified in my nuke Iraq stance as a policy as self defense. I did not wish to kill anyone before some radical came out and said that I must die. They started it so we should finish it.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok someone work with me here. I do not believe in Islam so according to the radicals I must die. So am I justified in my nuke Iraq stance as a policy as self defense. I did not wish to kill anyone before some radical came out and said that I must die. They started it so we should finish it.

[/ QUOTE ]
How do any muslim who don't want to kill you respond to this? Especially if they live within this 'to be nuked' zone and especially if they aren't morons and hence realise that these radicals almost certainly wont harm you?

chez
Old 05-29-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They started it so we should finish it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They(?) started it??? What was the "starting" date and circumstances?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's a shoe-in that the Catholics, the British, and the Americans started it.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's a shoe-in that the Catholics, the British, and the Americans started it.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was the Germans and a couple of young Turks.

chez
Old 05-29-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You would have to be in imminent danger of death to justify killing the Muslim. There is no such case unless you were on one of the planes during 9/11.

People can hate you and want to kill you as much as they want, but unless that is an immediate possibility, you can't do anything drastic about it.