Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: NLTRN: lowlimit study group, anyone interested?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not create a proboards forum just for this purpose? Hide the forums to registered members only I.E. People in the study group. It's quick, simple and would be the best plan, give everyone the link and it's set. That way folks can come and go as they please leaving any info, tips or HH's they want.

Just my two cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can do that additionally, sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we will get many people to sign up for a new board, just look at the small group of people we are. But I might be wrong [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it wouldn't be a board with a bunch of sections like the 2+2 forums, just one general section that can be used as a medium for giving advice, tips, posting Hand historys. It's a lot more organized than chatting over AIM and you always have the choice to come back and re read advice, tips and anything else that has been discussed. Everyone on the board could have their limits/stakes listed under their username or even a group title that describes their limits. "Group A Player" being novice with small $2-$5 stakes and going up from that.

This is the overall Heads Up discussion on 2+2, what I propose is a proboard all for coaching/study. Players who are in the higher limits helping out the small fish like me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I already have a small HU forum on proboards I could invite everyone to. Doubt anyone would want that but since my board is pretty much dead, I'd be willing to let it host the study groups after a bit of tinkering.

Again, just my two cents. Still a noob.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:40 PM

This is probably not something that 2+2 allows guys, making a subforum on a different site that will overlap a lot of stuff already on this forum.

A simple email/AIM exchange with other HU players should suffice, no need to create a new community.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:15 PM

Yeah, whatever we do, it should be kept here. The format from last time this was done sounds very interesting, just hooking people up to trade hand histories.

Assuming enough people are interested, that is. Woe to any who get me as a study partner though. I suspect the useful info will be all one-way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2007, 07:56 PM

I play $10 and $20 sng's I should have a lot of free time comming up. PM if you have any more info or want to review HH over AIM or something.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:09 AM

I currently play the 22 turbos on FT and have been playing those for about 2 weeks.
Im a former winning FR NL50 player, but the games was just to boring for me and 6-max, seems to be filled with regs.
I havent got much time for poker, only about 1-2 hours a day, but i got lots of time ( at work ) to study.

I want to get better and be able to play pro, atleast for a couple of months, since ill be unemployed from august to december.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:40 AM

I play the low limit 9 man sng's, and wanting to improve my game, I started playing the 6.50 turbo headsup sngs on tilt. I work a lot so I don't get that much time to play, but id be happy to look over any hands any talk over aim.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:03 AM

sorry for letting you down for the moment, but Im sick of poker.

i need a real break, poker is [censored] with me like [censored] and I cant even see cards anymore.

ill be back in a couple of days
Old 06-01-2007, 02:37 PM

So I'm back playing HU SNGs now, too.

I think it'd be great to oraganize an IRC channel for everyone of our study group so we'd been able to discuss hands in a group and not just one on one. It'd also allow the players to send HHs live just by putting it into the IRC channel and let everyone "!get" it.
If this idea gets good responses I'll organize it and put it up.
I also know how to programm a website that randomizes the player's HHs and make it available for the player that should get it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The only thing I'm not able to do is write correct english. I'm sorry for that.

Give me some responses.
SkyReVo
Old 06-04-2007, 11:18 AM

Bump? I think someone needs to take charge of this thing.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 AM

yeh, that was me obv, but doomswitchaments made me quit poker for a couple of days. Im at my moms house right now but I think I will be back tomorrow.