Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Of all the Republican Candidates, who is the stupidest?

Considering a lot of those comments tie back to a very few number of articles written by people who have never liked Giuliani, either most people aren't original or they fear him actually winning the nomination because they know he would appeal to a good number of Democrats. I hear more criticism of him out of the liberal media trying to trip him up than I do out of the conservative media for that very reason, they fear Giuliani for his crossover appeal. He doesn't fit the liberal cartoon mold of a Republican, and they are doing their best to stop him before he stops their dream of a Democratic White House in 2008.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mitt Romney is more intelligent then anybody on these boards, thats for sure....

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm... no.

[ QUOTE ]
Hardvard Law and Bach Grad, created an investment that now holds $40billion in assets from scratch. Has held many public offices, etc.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The college stuff has nothing to do with intelligence (except to say he's not really dumb), although the $40 billion is a good sign. He might well be top 1%. I still bet there are people on these boards who are smarter though.

[/ QUOTE ]

True , potentially. But he has done things. Many things, he is accomplished with tons of experience and from what I can tell never wasted any of his life away. I respect that and hope to be more like that, accomplished.

Sometimes intelligence is just inherrited, but choosing to broaden your horizons and gain tons of experience is choice and I think OVERALL if you were to have a debate on a variety of things or a test, this guy probably would be hard to beat, he seems like one of those guys you can ask anything and he can give you an educated answer.

Just saying, their is nothing stupid about this guy. Anybody who would actually watch some of his interviews, learn more about him and comes to that conclusion is obv biased and has their own agenda.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering a lot of those comments tie back to a very few number of articles written by people who have never liked Giuliani, either most people aren't original or they fear him actually winning the nomination because they know he would appeal to a good number of Democrats. I hear more criticism of him out of the liberal media trying to trip him up than I do out of the conservative media for that very reason, they fear Giuliani for his crossover appeal. He doesn't fit the liberal cartoon mold of a Republican, and they are doing their best to stop him before he stops their dream of a Democratic White House in 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

His response to ron paul showed him to be ignorant.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His response to ron paul showed that he has to protect the only issue that keeps him relevent to Republicans

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-26-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His response to ron paul showed him to be ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was all posturing and trying to make himself look good.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His response to ron paul showed him to be a lying manipulative bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet my testicles that Giuliani didn't believe the words he was saying. Of course he knows that American policy played a role in our being attacked. He just knew that he could sway voters by playing the outraged indignant American hero.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet my testicles that Giuliani didn't believe the words he was saying. Of course he knows that American policy played a role in our being attacked. He just knew that he could sway voters by playing the outraged indignant American hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible, it is "politics" after all. Also possible is that Ron Paul phrased what he said very poorly. My Knee-jerk reaction was the same as Rudy's, until I thought about it a bit, talked about it a bit with people on this forum.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Possible, it is "politics" after all. Also possible is that Ron Paul phrased what he said very poorly. My Knee-jerk reaction was the same as Rudy's, until I thought about it a bit, talked about it a bit with people on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's entirely fine for you to have that kind of knee-jerk reaction. It is not fine for a leader. Whatever else Giuliani displayed there, he displayed absolutely horrendous leadership skills.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:30 AM

no question - Guilani -

a pro-choice candidate who dresses in drag, has had three wives, and sings the praises of Lincoln to a bunch of good ol' boys down south isn't smart enough to get elected president. He has no idea who his base is.

rb
Old 05-26-2007, 10:59 AM

If he can win the state of NY that would be a pretty good start though, don't you think?
Against Hillary it will be somewhat close but against Obama I think he would have a good shot at taking NY.