Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Brazilio and I try to flip in a live game...Someone messes it up

[ QUOTE ]
If this were the B&M forum I would say something like:

"Yeah, it's funny, but the problem isn't just discussing your actions with the BB when the SB is left to act, it's actually laughing at her when you suck out on the river, mocking her badly enough that she leaves the table in a huff. Put yourself in her shoes: maybe she gets one trip to Vegas a year, if not less often... she doesn't have live poker anywhere else and maybe has only played twice in her life... she comes to Bellagio and wants to take the game seriously in her brief vacation away from her crappy reception job in Wisconsin... then some cocky d-bag kid starts telling her she has to fold her hand, even if she's been waiting all day for a hand as big as QQ to be able to play in a profitable spot. She plays the hand, gets it in good, then still loses to a miracle gutterball. The guy who beats her, rather than extend any sort of sympathy for her bad beat, laughs maniacally at her predicament and scoops in all the chips. There goes her "fun" trip to Vegas, replaced by a story she tells her family about this prick at the poker table who luckboxed his way into taking her $300 and then rubbed it in her face with his laughter."

But it's BBV, so I LOLed and say nh sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said PJ, bbv A+ worthy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]