Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: 9/18 Commerece

I usually wear a lacoste shirt and walk by the highstakes before i start a session I almost always wear my dc hat so if you ever notice a kid walking around like that say Sup bro, lol.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when players start to play too many hands they get into trouble. good players sometimes think they can get away with extra hands, pushing a slight edge, in fact they get themselves into a situation that often becomes a leak.

if you think i am incorrect, read sklansky, and feeney.

i have seen it happen often. don't start to play too many hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

amulet, I'd never disagree with you. You're one of the people who got me started on 2p2 and one of my "mentors thru observation" at the old party 10/20. I'm just saying that the hand ranges that skalansky recommends is actually about 22-25% which, at least for mid stakes online games, is probably too loose. Playing that many hands is probably correct live at the same stakes and thankfully, isn't what I'd call tight.

I certainly agree that playing too many hands gets people in trouble.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:24 AM

thank you for the kind words.

in poker essays mason writes about playing 15% of hands in limit. in ssh that is increased. it is game dependent. in some games 15% is a good number, in some slightly over 20% will show a positive expectation.

i think most of the sklansky/malmuth works lead towards the 15% number. some might argue that is because they were written years ago, but i still think they are right for many if not most games.

i tend to lean towards playing less hands unless i am certain that the game warrants it. i consider myself tighter then most players.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:28 AM

Can you two swap aims, lol jk thanks for the input.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:41 AM

"bro" we will swap aims while you play 10/20 at commerce, in a green lacrosse shirt (daily?).

i play the bigger nl games so i can't be certain about your $400 question. however, i would guess it would play slightly smaller then the 9/18 and much smaller then the 20/40. but one of the advantages is that the fluctuations are much smaller in nl (for a good winning player).
Old 05-26-2007, 02:13 AM

Lol you misinterperted my post its ok sorry. didnt mean to say anything upsetting it was a joke i love how still bringing up 10/20 limit typo.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow you dead wrong every pot has 4+ people with the senior citizen its rare to have less. Your dead wrong about 3 to the flop it happens 3x an hr. Senior citizens play worse then the lago maniac who wont stop betting at u and is hard to put a range on.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, then the day time games are actually looser than the evening games, particularly the midweek $9-18 games. Near the end of my playing time there(weekend evenings mostly) we were getting at least 5-6 chopped blinds an hour. I'm shocked that mid day games rarely fold to the blinds.