Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Pick me a Basketball Team

If you are in Italy, I think a good team to go for is the Raptors. Their top rookie and #1 draft pick is Andrea Barngani (forgive the spelling) who is Italian. They are also a team with a bunch of potential and on the rise. So if you want to fit in just cheer for the Raptors. Conversely if you like to stand apart from the pack just go for the team playing the Raptors on any given night.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:08 AM

The problem with Denver is I don't see how they ever compete. I don't think their current group can win, and there are so many older parts (Iverson, Camby, MIA-Mart), I don't know how they re-surround Melo and Nene with talent. Just smells like lost cause to me, but maybe they just need a full season to really gel and see what they've got.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 AM

adsman

whichever team you choose make sure it has history. for example, the boston celtics (pistol pete maravich, larry bird) and los angeles lakers (jerry west, magic johnson) are two teams that have had awesome players throughout the decades.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
adsman

whichever team you choose make sure it has history. for example, the boston celtics (pistol pete maravich, larry bird) and los angeles lakers (jerry west, magic johnson) are two teams that have had awesome players throughout the decades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I think Portland is the right choice here, by a nose.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
adsman

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I think Portland is the right choice here, by a nose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus it's the only US city that I've been to. It looks like this is the one.

I have to be off now and go about my day, but in the meantime please feel free to fight amongst yourselves, or post any other arguments towards one team or another. I'll make my decision tonight.

Thanks for all the excellent imput guys.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:18 AM

Clark,

Yeah we were just talking jerseys. The team blows, though Nene gives me a hard on occasionally.

If I were ads, I'd pick either the Raptors (stanek's point is good, the team is full of good guys, even though they're young they have a great fan base, and Bosh rules), Portland, NOT the Bucks (zzzz), or PHX. I'm leaning toward the Raptors.

Don't listen to your friend about the Heat.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:22 AM

Utah Jazz - gotta love these uniforms!

Old 05-23-2007, 03:40 AM

You just have to go with Portland, it's no contest. Last year, it was pretty much the consensus that Portland had the best young nucleus of talent in the league. Not only that, but with all these young guys, they've developed the potential to be an extremely fast paced run-and-gun team. In the NBA, that's the best kind of team to watch (everyone loves to watch the Suns).

Now, add in Oden and this team has the potential to be both fun and dominant for years to come. Aldrige and Oden in the frontcourt will be amazing. Roy will have so many options on offense, it'll be like playing streetball. Not to mention Sergio, the Spanish point guard who has the potential to bust out 10 assists in a single quarter. Behind the back, through the legs, you name it.

This team is going to be good and they're going to be fun. But, over the next few years, you'll get to see the young guys really come together. It's going to be awesome to watch how much they improve, and you can be a part of that.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:47 AM

I've been without any major sports team home my whole life, being mostly a college sports fan. But I've recently moved to Boston for school so I decided I'd pick up a team. Definitely not the Pats or the Sox because I'd feel like a huge bandwagoner beginning to root for basically the best teams in their respective sports. Hockey is a horrible sport, so not the bruins. I like basketball and the Celtics are atrocious so it seemed like an easy choice. Plus you can buy ten dollar tickets and sit literally fifth row, even against real teams like the Spurs and the Mavricks.

So I'd recommend the Celtics, getting to see the whole (hopefully...) building process is very interesting to me. But besides that I'd go with Clark's pick of the Blazers. They are not good, but have really solid potential, plus all the other things he noted.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:06 AM

I'd go with Portland or Golden State. Portland will probably be good soon when they trade Oden for a top flight FA. Golden State plays a very entertaining style and their attitude will both piss you off tremendously or make you jump for joy depending on the night.